Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • foot rests for child stoker on tandem
  • karnali
    Free Member

have a kiddy back tandem that our youngest is deperate to get on but at 3.5 even with crank shortners cant reach the bottom of the pedal stroke. She will no longer go in the trailer so i was think of some kind of foot rest so she could still sit on the tandem to get through the next few months.

Can’t find anything in the uk that fits the bill, anyone know of anything out there?

or i though of cutting up some old cranks and then making a bracket to attach to the seat tube to attach them with , then stick some flat pedals on and there you have it

anyone tried anything similar or have any good suggestions

ta

wwaswas

couple of blocks of wood zip tied to the pedals? Will shorten effective length of cranks at the bottom of the stroke.

TiRed

Can you drop the saddle further?

Blocks of wood (on both sides of the pedals, with small toe clips and no straps?

Crank shorteners? We used SJS

Refinish the cranks with new drill holes. You can get this done professionally and kids aren’t going to impart much stress.

If all else fails, you can buy cross tube mounted seats that have foot rests.

And for a bodge… How about a short old stem clamped on the tandem down tube with a piece of cut down handlebar clamped (through the normal stem hole) and grips for feet to rest on!

takisawa2

Broom stick.
    Zip ties.
    Done.

karnali
    Free Member

Tired never thought of stem will try that if i have one that wiill clamp onto the down tube worth a try in first instance, if not then blocks of wood

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘foot rests for child stoker on tandem’ is closed to new replies.