Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Foot Pain
  • fazini
    Free Member

I’m after some advice after returning to biking recently…….After cycling even just for a few minutes I start to suffer prolonged pain down the outer edge of my feet, right foot especially. This is something that I used to get a lot when I used to cycle a lot more than now. The pain seems to emanate from just behind the bridge of my foot behind the little toe and spreads backwards towards the heel.

Any advice would be greatfully received as its generally starting to p*** me off!

Cheers

BigJohn

Gout. NASAIDs.

BruceWee

I have the same problem. I think for me it’s because I’m clenching my feet without realising it, especially when I start getting tired. I just concentrate on relaxing my feet as much as possible. Some more advice in this thread:

http://www.singletrackworld.com/forum/topic/some-spd-questions

suburbanreuben
    Free Member

That’s not gout. With Gout, you get more than a little pissed off!

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

are you using shoes with stiff soles – proper cycling shoes – they might help

DIS

A lot of factors could be contributing to your pain. From what you wrote, if you only get pain when cycling then its most likely due to tissue over load. Basically some structure(s) in your foot are being subjected to more load than it can cope with and becomes painful. Now the hard bit, You simple have to find a way of distributing the load differently to lessen the force going through the structure that becomes painful.

Couple of places to start looking out is position of foot on the peddle (weather you use clips or flats). Try different shoe, a lot of cycle shoes are quite narrow which can course problems in the foot (even if it means putting different pedals on to try different shoes).
    Have a look at weather you over pronate as this can lead to problems, you can buy sets from specialized that can help with this.

Do some research on the above areas to get a basic understanding, quite a lot of info online. Hopefully by having a play around with set up you should be able to solve the problem.

carlphillips
    Free Member

sounds like your peroneus brevis muscle is strained, its basically a stabilizing muscle which will be stressed when you cycle.
    do a google search for it, there are stretches/exercises you can do for it to ease the pain.
    it ain’t gout though for sure

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Foot Pain’ is closed to new replies.