Viewing 20 posts - 41 through 60 (of 60 total)
  • Food poisoning?
  • enfht
    Free Member

Just go for a bike ride FFS.

Cougar

That could be messy.

scaredypants

Xifaxanta is what you need:

[quote]… but you can buy Lomotil over the counter, which will stop the diarrhoea. [/quote]

gTi – your advice may be appropriate for someone miles from medical support in a foreign country but, although cougar is in Lancs, he’s not officially the 3rd world

Cougar

It’s East Lancs, so it’s not far off.

scaredypants

in the shit^2 🙁

MrOvershoot

I thought full fat Coca-Cola was the thing to help as it kills pretty much everything.

stevie750

I thought full fat Coca-Cola was the thing to help as it kills pretty much everything.

Coke is good but you need to let it go flat first

bigyinn
    Free Member

Shake the bottle?

torsoinalake
    Free Member

Shake the bottle?

Stir a teaspoon full of sugar into a glass of Coke and it will go flat.

Hadge
    Free Member

I had very serious food poisoning just before Christmas, caught from chicken and diagnosed as Campylobachter. I lost a hell of a lot of weight, wasn’t throwing up but spent hours on the toilet. Purely because I hydrate lots was the only reason I didn’t end up in hospital but one night I almost passed out and I was alone at the time and it was very frightening. Took me weeks to get back to “normal” living but months later I still suffer from after effects from it and thought I was actually allergic to chicken after which is common apparently (the food that gave you the illness).
    I wouldn’t wish “proper” food poisoning on anyone and sounds like you’ve picked a bug up and could be gone in a couple of days.

pictonroad

It’ll pass, boiled cool water to sip, you don’t need anything else. You’ll not suffer from a lack of anything in such a short time. I’m always picking up bloody gastro bugs and norovirus (3 times last year). Usually 3 days of epic purging up and feeling like death and thats it done. Wouldn’t dream of going to a doctor, what exactly would you expect them to do?

Cougar

what exactly would you expect them to do?

That was my point in a nutshell, yes.

At least now I can tell my OH that I’m not going to the doctor because STW told me not to, so that’s a win.

Cougar

Thought it’d passed as I’ve not been for a couple of hours, but no. Just had a mad dash followed by what sounded like Donald Duck losing his temper.

Also, “moist toilet tissue” FTW.

scaredypants

sudocrem FTW, sho’ly ?

Cougar

I lack for a feline applicator.

bearnecessities

Dead yet?

Donald Duck losing his temper

😀

joshvegas
    Free Member

Cougar – Moderator
    Thought it’d passed as I’ve not been for a couple of hours, but no

What ever you do don’t think you can sneak a fart.

globalti
    Free Member

A bad bout of gastroenteritis can leave you with all kinds of problems so if things don’t return to normal, see a GP and ask to be referred to a gastroenterologist.

maccruiskeen

Bovril in hot water

Sounds more like a symptom than a cure

IanMunro
    Free Member

Just go for a bike ride FFS.

Now I understand why this is called a super flow

Viewing 20 posts - 41 through 60 (of 60 total)

The topic ‘Food poisoning?’ is closed to new replies.