Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • Food Mixer recommendation for Xmas
  • highclimber
    Free Member

Thinking of getting the OH a decent food mixer so she can make me some yummy cakes and light and fluffy bread (actually it is something she’s mentioned she wanted). Looking to spend around £100 possibly a little over. Needs to come with different attachments like whisk and dough hook. Anyone got a recommendation?

Thanks in advance!

highclimber
    Free Member

just found this. I have no idea if this is any good or not!

BigButSlimmerBloke
    Free Member

Over budget, but a Kenwood Chef Classic is the mutt’s nuts. At about £190, it’s steep, but yopu have your basic whisk, dough hook, liquidiser and K beater (oooh eerrr Mmissus). However, you can then go mental on accessories, pasta maker, sausage stuffer, food processor, slicer and dicer, spice mill, juicer, potato peeler, blah, blah, blah.
    It’s big, ugly and completely lacking in any sense of style (which might be why i get on so well with mine), but it does the jobs.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    LadyGresley
    Free Member

I can only recommend the Kenwood Chef – I’ve been using my Mum’s old one for the last 15 years or so – it’s at least 46 years old, so should last a while longer 🙂

z1ppy

I have my mum’s Kenwood chef classic A701… 20 year old if not older, f-me it could be about 30 or more (and a shite load of attachments, though I need a dough hook).
    Can you expect that from a modern unit?
    Well recommended

geoffj

Kenwood Chef again. Got ours off freecycle. It must be 35yrs old and it’s bloody brilliant!

br
    Free Member

Ignore the budget and get one of these:

http://www.ecookshop.co.uk/ecookshop/product.asp?pid=KSM150BAC&gclid=CJDkgNH4kbsCFafnwgodBlkAKQ

Missus likes hers but no way would I be brave enough to buy her any ‘household’ item for Xmas, no matter how much she said she wanted one 🙂

highclimber
    Free Member

Ignore the budget and get one of these:

unfortunately, she would probably go mental for spending over £100 on her and I really can’t afford any more than £150 tops.

Ecky-Thump
    Free Member

My daughter is negotiating with her grandmother (my mum) to inherit the Kenwood Chef.
    It’s older than I am (so at least as old as Lady Gresley’s) and still going strong.

colp

Kenwood Multipro FP920 down to 99.95 in John Lewis. We use them in the cafe, 1000w motor.

piemonster

hot_fiat

The budget chefs are ok, but some of the attachments that you could fit to a chef major don’t work (food processor bowl springs to mind). Given that limitation, there’s no real advantage for having a cheap chef over the even cheaper prospero

BigButSlimmerBloke
    Free Member

I really can’t afford any more than £150 tops.

KM330 – £139 at very.com (+delivery, but let’s not mention that)

EDIT – actually that Propsero loks pretty good given the attachments that come with it.

highclimber
    Free Member

Currys have the KM336 for £169. might have to push the boat out for her!

ThePinkster

I’ve got the Prospero and really like it. It’s a bit more plasticy than the proper Chefs but it works absolutely fine, mine gets used 2 or 3 times most weeks for the last couple of years and it’s not failed me yet.

It’s useful having all the food processor & blender attachments already included as well. Makes great cakes, bread & pastry, as my ever increasing belly can vouch.

flowergirl
    Free Member

As everyone has said, there’s no contest, Kenwood Chef every time.
    Had mine for about 16 years, sister’s had one for about as long and we both got ours after growing up using Mum’s which has to be at least 40 years old. All of them get used at least once a week, and none of us have ever had a problem with them!
    If you don’t like the look of it, bung it in a cupboard, it’s a piece of kitchen equipment not an ornament!

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘Food Mixer recommendation for Xmas’ is closed to new replies.

New deal added to Members Discounts