Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Food help!
  • Munqe-chick
    Free Member

so I try to eat healthy at work and tend to have porridge and fruit or yoguhrt of some sort for breakfast and a salad for lunch. i'm beginning to get bored of salads for lunch and want something else. i'm looking for suggestions?
    However I have also recently started thinking I MAY have a minor wheat intolerance. Every time I eat something bready I end up wih horrific stomach aches, bloating and diarraheo.

So I'm looking for suggestions on other things to eat? I don't eat fish (I keep trying and I'm wanting to like it) but eat most stuff.
    what do you eat for healthy snacks? I eat a lot of fruit but again want some more filling that's different from a handful of dried apricots and nuts!!!

mcobie
    Free Member

Jamie Oliver does a right handy book for meals that take no more then 20 minutes – if you have a iPhone you can download it as an app – some very good ideas in there.

Snack wise I eat Snack a Jacks – low in fat and super tasty. I'll also have at least a apple/bannana mid morning and the same mid afternoon, same breakfast as you and usually a sandwich for lunch.

Dinner varies – tonight it's breaded fish, oven chips and peas 😀

Not sure if this answers your post though 🙄

freddyg
    Free Member

Couscous?

A wrap with grilled chicken, Apple, celery and walnuts. Parmesan too if you fancy a waldorf thingy.

Failing that, I find a nice steak pie does the trick.

miaowing_kat
    Free Member

couscous, rice and soup are all quite 'substantial' feeling. bean based dishes are also awesome. I'm afraid I can't help you with snacks though – I eat mainly yoghurt, twiglets, and lots of chocolate..

rightplacerighttime
    Free Member

Soop

(BTW 3 of the keys on my keyboard are broken – hence bad spell'n')

Philby

Sushi – you can get sushi without fish in at most supermarkets.

Also look at different types of bread – rye bread is great for savoury sarnies.

Dried apricots can have an adverse impact on your propensity to run to the loo.

Kevevs
    Free Member

I have a supply of bananas, yoghurts and muesli mixed with chopped dates or prunes. Keeps me energised in a pretty physical job, without eating the beige canteen crap. I bring in a ste or chilli when I've cooked a batch.

nickhart
    Free Member

you may be able to get corn flour tortillas and have them as wraps, shouldn't be as aggressive on you tummy.
    curried rice salad was a staple for me for ages. if you're doing rice for an evening meal, do too much and cool quickly (run under the cold tap until cold but leave to drain). then chop what ever crispy veggies you like, carrots/peppers/spring onions. add nuts (peanuts and cashews are nice). then mix a small amount of curry paste (sharwoods or pataks or whatever) with some salad cream, this is personal choice how strong you like it. then stir that through the rice and veg. sprinkle some bombay mix on top and hey presto.

Munqe-chick
    Free Member

NickH that sounds interesting I think I'll have to try that at some point! Thanks.

spacemonkey

Leftovers from the night before, especially pasta, spag, chilli, chinese, thai, etc

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Food help!’ is closed to new replies.