Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Food for the dropper seatpost nae sayers
  • tomd
    Free Member

Well I’ve been enjoying my reverb very much for the last year. However, I just dragged my bike up a Munro to find it had jammed solid in the up position. Oh well it was an extra challenge having to avoid mashing my bits on the saddle the whole way down.

andyl
    Free Member

If you had a frame that allowed plenty of seat post showing you could have lowered it using the seat clamp 😉

rickon
    Free Member

Balls.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    organic355
    Free Member

I think i would rather have it fail int he up position than the fully down position.

Which is a more common failure?

titusrider
    Free Member

until there arnt weekly posts on hear about failures of droppers generally im not interested…..

really cant be assed carrying round extra weight that one day will ruin my ride (and its bloody expensive!)

strackbaz
    Free Member

That’s what happens Tom, when you let the missus ride your bike! 🙄

Northwind

Yeah, standard posts never fail after all 😉 (I’ve never had a dropper fail outright, I’ve had the seat fall off a standard post a couple of times though…)

Reverbs do fail hard though, mostly it’s a drawback of the hydraulics- if my KSs have cable or lever issues you can still manually operate it from the post end, newer cleverer posts are hiding this stuff away so if it goes wrong, you’re boned.

DezB
    Free Member

dropper seatpost nae sayers

I was going to say “Are there any?”, titusrider answered the question though!

nickjb
    Free Member

I’ve had more rigid posts fail than droppers. Also just bought a dropper for the wife’s bike for £57 brand new, delivered so not exactly pricey.

_tom_
    Free Member

Nick, what post did you get for that price and where from? I’m tempted to try one on my voltage as I can’t get a full length post low enough, need a dropper for full extension and droppage.

nickjb
    Free Member

Tmars from ebay. Direct from Taiwan, took about 10 days. Needed greasing on arrival but seems to run smoothly now.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

until there arnt weekly posts on hear about failures of droppers generally im not interested…..

Do you have any form of suspension on your bike? Disc brakes, perhaps? Even gears.

All are heavy and more complex than the alternatives, and often fail. Still, they both make riding a whole heap more fun!*

*Luddites excepted, of course! 😉

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Food for the dropper seatpost nae sayers’ is closed to new replies.