Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Food banks – do they only accept food?
  • cinnamon_girl

Morning.

Does anyone know whether food banks take other items besides food such as toiletries and cleaning products?

Thanks. 🙂

Cougar

Anecdotally, IIRC the last one I donated to did.

I expect that the needs will vary from bank to bank though; probably best just to ask the one you’re donating to.

cinnamon_girl

Thanks Cougar and ideally I’d like to donate to one that will take all my bottles of shampoo!

binners

They’ll take anything you can give them CG. As well as taking them the staples, Mrs Binners always shoves some treats in – normally chocolate. They’re going to families who can’t even afford the basics, so definitely don’t do treats. So I’d imagine toiletries would be very welcome indeed!

cinnamon_girl

binners – thanks and I’ll be really happy if struggling people can make use of it.

cookeaa

Never mind all that, what are their interest rates like?

#Crasswanker

I did wonder about nappies actually, as we will have some left over once our youngest is finally potty trained and it’s one of those general expenditures that I’m sure people often forget about…

Good topic CG…

maccruiskeen

Never mind all that, what are their interest rates like?

Deposit some flour and yeast and you’ll make plenty of dough – boom, tish

But in respect to the OP – I think anything you’d put in your shopping basket is completely sensible. Food wise something thats appreciated is food you don’t need to heat to eat.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Food banks – do they only accept food?’ is closed to new replies.