• This topic has 6 replies, 6 voices, and was last updated 7 years ago by igm.
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Followme tandem users
  • lakesrider
    Free Member

Am thinking of one for my 4yr old so can haul her up some of the hills in Grizedale and she can pedal on the flatter or more gentle sloping fire roads.

Anyway how quick is it to connect / disconnect the kids bike from mine?

gray

Once you’ve got the hang of it it’s pretty quick. Maybe a minute. Wouldn’t want to do it every 200 metres, but for longer sections it’s fine.

garage-dweller

Gray +1

Initial setup is worth persevering with to get just right so that each hook up is nice and quick.

bencooper
    Free Member

Yup, first installation takes 20 minutes or so, after that it’s a 30-second job to attach and detach.

tweedviper
    Free Member

Very interested in anyones experience with them as I am just lurking over the buy it now button but the best price I can find is £172 + £17 for an Islabike adapter thing. are they worth the money?

StirlingCrispin

Are they worth the money?

Yes – plus you’ll get £100+ when you sell it 🙂

igm

I’d echo the above, they’re excellent.

However if on your bike you have fancy dropouts (eg hooded) or the tubes and dropouts are offset (eg OnOne Carbon 456) then coupling at the adult end of the FMT can be difficult. Pannier racks can also restrict the movement of the two bike as you go onto or off slopes / ramps.

Also get the right fitting for the child’s front axle – skewer or nuts. (Edit – you’ve said Islabike, so it’s the skewer – which isn’t actually a QR, or at least not when I got ours).

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Followme tandem users’ is closed to new replies.