Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Following on from the snip thread, now questions about getting circumcised
  • sor
    Free Member

My GP has referred me up to the hospital for of these. For medical reasons, rather than anything religious or aesthetic.

Anyone one here gone through this as an adult? (I’m 38.) Was it the best/worst thing you’ve done? And how long after the op did you have to wait before you could comfortably start exercising again?

Although I’ve obviously been reassured that it’s straightforward, equally obviously I do have worries about it.

RealMan
    Free Member

Do you charge for circumcisions?

No, I just keep the tips.

HTH.

Cougar

Mate of mine had it done. I can ask.

Spaceman
    Free Member

I had it done last year, wish I’d had it done years ago!

I have experienced no downside to it atall, all positive, hope this helps!

CharlieMungus
    Free Member

Spaceman, why did you get it done and what is so great about it?? sor why do you need it done?

sor
    Free Member

Thanks Spaceman.

The reason I’m getting it done is phimosis. I’ll let you Google that yourself. It’s fair to say it’s put a fairly hefty limit on my life so far. I’ve avoided the problem for the last 20-odd years, even avoided getting into a relationship in the last 10 years.

But finding myself getting more and more hermitic lately, I’ve finally accepted I can’t carry on like this and saw my GP about this and other little niggles that have been ignored too long. Onward to a new me.

Cougar

Got a reply,

Much like the guy on [STW] says. Fantastic, would have had it done years ago.

Nothing really to worry about – doesn’t really hurt. I had dissolving stiches in it for a week or so.

Oh, and boners don’t hurt. 🙂 (Partly because I don’t remember having any for a few days…, but there you are.)

I asked what was “fantastic” about it…

I never once had a problem with hygeine before, but it’s cleaner for one.
    (There’s less moving parts…)

IT’s difficult to explain, but your old chap becoms one thing. Not one
    thing with an extra flappy bit at the end. That’s quite nice.

It’s dificult to put into words, to be honest.

So there you go. I think I’m about done discussing a mate’s penis with him for now.

Spaceman
    Free Member

Mine was too tight, not as bad as phimosis above, but it was uncomfortable and occasionally painfull with over enthusiasic use!
    I had a frenulectomy first, but it didn’t really work, it worked well for a friend of mine though so is an option. A frenulectomy works in just over 50% of cases my doctor told me, I wish i’d just went the whole hog (gratuitous pork reference in a circumcision discussion) straight off though.

Benifits are, no discomfort, no smeg and you can masturbate far more vigorously.
    My lass was really considerate for days afterwards, I got to lie on the sofa doing nowt for ages, even though it didn’t hurt a bit, she thought it must have been the sorest thing ever, my vasectomy was worse.

project
    Free Member

phimosis, a very tight foreskin, especially when erect, there you are, strange how men cant discuss things like that.

As for circumcision, it improves hygene, and is also seen by some as the glans is more sensitive, and looks more apealing to a partner.

Thousands of Jews have it done every year, with no side effects, dont let it get you down and stop a relationship starting.

Hope the above helps the shy men on here.

thatscold
    Free Member

I had a friend who was half Jewish….

he had a two skin.

I know, not really appropriate. I just like that joke.

Well done for getting it sorted. There’s nothing worse than letting being too embarrassed to see the doctor ruin your life.

TheSanityAssassin

Job security is a real concern for the surgeon these days. I mean, one slip and you get the sac…

plumslikerocks
    Free Member

re: sensitivity……. a rather well travelled ex of mine told me (uncircumcised) that in her significant experience circumcised men had more staying power.

After recovering from the no so subtle attack on my prowess, she went on to elaborate that she thought it was cos the sensitive bit spends more of its time out in the open, thereby becoming less sensitive. either that or less friction from the “loose bit” during the act itself.

Finally +1 on the “well done for getting it sorted”. got myself in a similar state over a period of 15 years over bollock lumps. It was finally seeing my wife go through childbirth that made me MTFU and go and get em the all clear. never as bad as you imagine!

tony_m
    Free Member

After struggling with (and not discussing… 🙄 ) a similar issue through the course of two relationships, I had mine done at the age of 27 (that’s, erm, 23 years ago now), and had no problems whatsoever apart from one minor issue with a temporary dressing in the bogs down the pub, which TBH was probably my own fault for going out boozing rather sooner than I perhaps ought to have done.

One thing I would definitely recommend is sitting in a warm salty bath for a while every day afterwards as an aid to healing. Apart from that, just try to think of it as getting a tool sharpened… 😉

Good luck, hope all goes well.

giant_scum
    Free Member

Was circumcised when I was 21, no problems other than tenderness of the helmet for a while(denims not a good choice of attire)out of action for a couple of weeks seem to remember being off work for at least 2 weeks post op as well.

CoolLesterSmooth
    Free Member

Its worth it for the first big O after a couple of weeks of nothing. Man alive….

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘Following on from the snip thread, now questions about getting circumcised’ is closed to new replies.