Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Following on from the GD thread, does anyone on here have a swimming pool?
  • mos

Just curious really, consensus seems to be that they are an indulgence that doesn’t get used.
    Does anyone have one and use it much?

sharkbait
    Free Member

Very good mate has one (outdoor) and it’s used plenty (still being used daily by his wife.
    Nice to have but costs a fortune to run (he uses an oil boiler and solar) and involves plenty of maintenance.

ir_bandito
    Free Member

My wife’s uncle has 2. One indoor “trainer” pool against a current, one outdoor in the garden for larking about in.
    The family certainly used to use them loads, and now the next generation are appearing its getting more use (in the summer)

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    theteaboy
    Free Member

Parents of a friend have one.

Outdoor, unheated and used every single day of the year by the 85-year old owner.

He’s a pretty impressive guy.

footflaps

Wife’s parents have one and they use it with the grand children in the summer. Does seem to cost a fortune though, it sprung a leak and needed a new liner last year – that cost £7k all in….

jam-bo

There was a house sold round here recently with a 50m pool.

Built by loaded parents for an Olympic hopeful…

davieg
    Free Member

My inlaws have one but they have retired and live in France, where they are pretty common and almost necessary during the summer to cool down.

Rain or shine, we are in it when we are on our hols. It is heated by the sun, so can be a little bit fresh for a pre-breakfast dip.

Muke
    Free Member

Yep, used to use it most of the year but only in the summer now the kids have grown up.

zilog6128

Outdoor, unheated and used every single day of the year by the 85-year old owner.

Very cool. If I had one I’d like to think I’d do the same, probably wear a wetsuit in the winter though!

fasthaggis

Built by loaded parents for an Olympic hopeful…

I wonder how that worked out.

jam-bo

Junior heffernan. Not well.

fasthaggis

That’s a shame .

samuri
    Free Member

A friend had one. We used it all the time and they encouraged friends to use it, always someone in it.

And I copped my first proper feel in it so I think it was well worth the maintenance costs.

wwaswas

My daughter was taught to swim in a private indoor swimming pool.

the owners rented it to a swimming coach who used it a few mornings a week and on Saturday mornings.

I’d guess it covered a lot of their running costs for not a huge amount of inconvenience.

bhmartin
    Free Member

We have one but live near Malaga so it is almost expected.One of those things that when you have got one the novelty wears off unless you are a keen swimmer.Quite a lot of maintenance but heated and with a good cover to keep the heat in would probably cost about £30-40 a week to heat in winter.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘Following on from the GD thread, does anyone on here have a swimming pool?’ is closed to new replies.