• This topic has 43 replies, 35 voices, and was last updated 9 years ago by servo.
Viewing 4 posts - 41 through 44 (of 44 total)
  • Follow up to my dodgy witness insurance claim
  • brooess
    Free Member

Another vote for not accepting their 50/50 offer! Sounds like a ‘hope he’ll stop digging now’ strategy – keep pushing

hebdencyclist
    Free Member

Go and get some good representation and do not accept 50%.

tymbian
    Free Member

Congratulations on the result OP. This is basically a win now all they are trying to do is pay you as least as possible.. can you claim for your time investigating, reporting etc..

Good luck.

servo
    Free Member

Received my cheque yesterday 😀

Decided to take the 50% offer. The insurance company wanted to deal with my original solicitor so went with that as well.

Thing is, I could not get a new solicitor to take the case before so I would not be able to get one to help me push for 100%. The offer was fair as there wasn’t a real witness to the accident. Also, did not want to push them too far as they might take the 50% offer back.

Last year, the insurance company valued my claim at X but said they would not payout due to disputed liability.

My solicitor wanted to value my claim at X but I pushed them to ask for more so they upped it to X + 20%.

Insurance company agreed so I got 50% of X + 20%

I recently bought myself a new bike on the promise of a good result and the payout covers 75% of it 🙂

Viewing 4 posts - 41 through 44 (of 44 total)

The topic ‘Follow up to my dodgy witness insurance claim’ is closed to new replies.