Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • follow up on Salomon XA trainers at Go outdoors
  • grueller
    Free Member

Spreading the love for the cheap shoes didn’t work as they didn’t seem to exist anywhere!
    I didn’t even get an email saying they were out of stock. I sent customer services an email detailing my dismay.
    They do still have one pair listed in Blackburn starngely. Just wondered if anyone would be prepared to pick them up for me if they exist and post them (paid of course)?
    I doubt they exist, but you never know.
    Any takers?

user-removed
    Free Member

No email here either. Do we think the whole thing is perhaps a marketing scam to get their site up Google’s rankings with an extraordinarily high number of page visits? Drop in an almost-too-good-to-be-true deal on their website, and let social networking do the rest?

If so, it’s a pretty shoddy way of marketing 👿

grueller
    Free Member

I could never be so cynical, I’m sure they just ran out and forgot to update the stock levels.
    It’s not like they’ve done it before

cynic-al
    Free Member

As I said on the other thread, this has happened to me numerous times with them. Last time, after the “OOS” email the website was still saying my local store had stock…I went in when passing and they had none.

Not sure I’ll bother again.

dan1980
    Free Member

I wonder if it’s worth letting trading standards know? It doesn’t seem anyone actually got the shoes on offer .

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

Deliberate/cynical or not – this just annoys me, especially with my fav shoes.

No interest in GO in future. This experience tells me not to waste my time. Very poor. When will on-line retailers understand the bad will that this causes????

Cougar

Blackburn GO told me they didn’t have any. Shysters.

Unless they just didn’t have my size, I suppose.

user-removed
    Free Member

Maybe so, but the email they sent to acknowledge the order was an exercise in vagueness about stock levels;

This email is only an acknowledgement that we have received your order.

The order has now been passed to our dispatch team to be processed and payment will be taken once we have confirmed the items are in stock.

And,

PLEASE NOTE: ORDERS ARE SUBJECT TO STOCK AVAILABILITY AND WE WILL ONLY DEBIT YOUR CARD FOR THE GOODS WE CAN SUPPLY.

And,

Placing an order with us does not guarantee availability. We will, of course, make every effort to fulfil your order and if this is not possible we will let you know as soon as possible.

It almost sounds like they’re pretty sure they don’t have the stock.

EDIT: and as a sales tactic, it works on a few different levels it seems – if they tell you there are shoes in a particular branch and you go to have a mooch, chances are you’ll end up buying something anyway, even when there aren’t. Plus the ‘fore-mentioned SEO benefits of all the inbound links from FB, forums, Twitter etc. Doesn’t smell right to me.

angeldust
    Free Member

Check the original thread – some people (including me) got the shoes from GO Outdoors as advertised. So, not a total scam, just limited stock, and a website that doesn’t update stock levels in real time at all.

The overall sentiment on here however doesn’t give me much confidence in using GO Outdoors for ‘deals’ in the future.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘follow up on Salomon XA trainers at Go outdoors’ is closed to new replies.