• This topic has 4 replies, 4 voices, and was last updated 13 years ago by ART.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Follow me film – views?
  • JPcapel
    Free Member

Watched the new MTB film Follow Me over the weekend.
    Came away feeling under whelmed.
    Nothing particularly new with the filming techniques, last section with Gee Atherton I would admit is excellent, but mainly his riding and the music appeals.
    I had higher hopes for it having read an article in Dirt magazine about 3 months ago saying it would be really unique.
    I also bought a film called Brighter at the same time – now that rocks! much more interesting camera angles, some v.cool street trials (a very small section of the film), pretty agreeable music (not thrash metal crap).
    Any others seen follow me? am I alone in thinking not that good?
    I can remember watching Seasons the first time and thinking not as good as Collective or Roam, now its possibly my fav. – so will follow me have a slow burn appeal?

Mintyjim

I saw it a couple of weeks ago and completely agree. My favourite bits are Gee and Steve at the end and also Brendan looking very stylish at Whistler.

Seasons is a cracker!

BigDummy
    Free Member

Nothing in mountain bike filming has surpassed the bit in Mud Cows with the gaping wounds singing along to drunken Australian rock tracks. FACT. 😀

warton
    Free Member

aah Mud cows, that was a proper MTB film. The bloke who had a really high voice cause the bloody handlebar had gone through his vocal cords??? Mentalists

ART

Yup totally agree, came through the other week and given the Collective's pedigree expected much better. Obviously there's some amazing riding in it, but the quality of filming is nowhere near roam/seasons etc. Music was pretty gash too. Just all seemed a bit cobbled together. Am waiting to see what Life Cycles is like – looks more promising and will have a look for Brighter.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Follow me film – views?’ is closed to new replies.