Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 111 total)
  • Folks on this forum
  • thomthumb
    Free Member

beerbelly in your profile every post you have made bar one is your own thread.

If you want the forum to be better i suggest you give some others some advice – it ain’t a one way street. you can’t complain about it if you don’r contribute.

DezB
    Free Member

TandemJeremy – Member
    Little boys getting their kicks looking at pics of young women wearing few clothes is soooooooooooooooooo sad.

Must be talking about another forum. There are no little boys on here.

As for the advice, it’s still available and there is always something useful when you need it.
    However there was a post yesterday – chap asking about their Pikes – and some ****t berated him for asking for advice on the forum. Thats just f*@%ing weird!

mrsflash
    Free Member

Just search for some of the recent depression threads, or mick’s thread the other day about his Dad, or the thread about autistic kids, or the thread about the one armed rider. let alone all the ones about stw bike rides like the Dales one, or that one where the guy was planning to go to a trail centre on his own and ended up going to stockport to meet up with someone. This place is fabulous.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

UR MUM WRKS @ ALDI

stratobiker
    Free Member

TJ – I can’t help it. I’m genetically programmed to find the female form attractive.

I also like looking at, and find beauty in – bikes, guitars, nature, life…

The Friday A&A is/was a good idea. There’s is something magical about seeing a sports person perform. I think sabotage would be below you.

SB 🙂

mrsflash
    Free Member

The A&A is much more preferable to the friday kylie. It’s cleaner and us girls can join in.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

TJ, no comment on the ladies of STW perving over the male form on the A&A?

(One for Tommmy Haas fans, he’s through to the semis! I suspect there’s going to be more of him tomorrow)

(Insert “Semi” joke as applicable)

EDIT – MrsF gets in there just ahead of me!

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

Do you not find it naff tho Mrs Flash?

Its not a major bugbear to me I just think its a tendency that runs thru the forum that is sad.

As for the original point – as Mrs Flash says – when people really need help then good advice is given. I find the repeat threads “my brake is sticking” “wot tyres / forks / leds” a bit tiresome as a search would often provide the answers and thus have probably been guilty of sniping at folks for daft queries

slimtubing
    Free Member

I’m a sweet kinda person when you get to know me but my immediate thought upon reading the OP was “what are you hoping to acheive by bringing this up?” you are not going to alter the mindset of a coupla hundred bored bikegeeks by admonishing them for being mean. The current climate does not lend itself well to flowers and kittens type points of view, people are holding grimly onto jobs and houses by the skin of their teeth and some numpty posts a clearly poorly thought through statement(not meaning you here OP)- you’re gonna get the brunt of their collective frustrations. deal with it or at least don’t bleat on that you don’t like what you hear.

mrsflash
    Free Member

Occassionally it goes a little further than I would like but then if it does I’m not afraid to say so, but no, I don’t find it naff. What on earth is wrong with finding the human form, both male and female, attractive?

therealhoops
    Free Member

does someone need a group hug….?

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

Mrs Flash – I just think its out of place on here. Sad and naff. Objectification and all that bollox

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

TJ, how about you don’t look at it then? Simples!

Now, stop being a curmodgeonly old fart and stop whining.

shoefiti
    Free Member

group hug anyone? except TJ – I don’t want to offend him, i look a little like the statue of David, except with more ‘wang’

shoefiti
    Free Member

oooops sorry real hoops – i was feeling we needed more love too!

hora
    Free Member

I miss the ‘corr would’ ya’ threads 🙁

Nice bike 😀

cynic-al
    Free Member

tj you are assuming we are all objectfy women by looking at that thread. I find that offensive 😉

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

CFH – I don’t click on it 🙂

Now, stop being a curmodgeonly old fart and stop whining.

Bu bu bu but : – thats the real me.

therealhoops
    Free Member

shoefiti – HEY, you can NEVER have too many group hugs, now come over ‘ere and give yer old TRH a group hug.

Aaawwwwww now didn’t that feel better?

Anna-B
    Free Member

(One for Tommmy Haas fans, he’s through to the semis!

Hurray! I like A & A these days…… 😉

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

annabananna – Member

(One for Tommmy Haas fans, he’s through to the semis!

Hurray! I like A & A these days……

Well, then, how about you start it off tomorrow then!

(BTW, the Cloisters weren’t showing it! Had to go to the Old Ale House on Crane St instead. Great atmosphere, beer wasn’t as good though!)

Pook

Helloo all. Am i a tosser? I can’t decide.

lowey

I have met loads of people off here for rides and all, bar non have been nice people.

Its easy… just avoid the chat forum.

Anna-B
    Free Member

I can’t do that CFH I’m shy.
    OAH! Not been there for ages. Used to love it.

zokes
    Free Member

Sad and naff.

What’s a 60s/70s/80s slang word for a male homosexual got to do with looking at semi-naked women? And why would that be sad? That’s offensive and discriminatory that is! 😉

hora
    Free Member

Runs into thread windmilling…..come on then you slargs

Pook

**trips hora up with his leg from behind the door then kicks him up the bottom**

rogerthecat
    Free Member

It’s not a bad place, pretty chilled, helpful and for the most part not too precious.
    If you would like a more challenging forum experience try VZi or the VW T4 Forum.
    Have yet to meet anyone from on here in person, which is a pity as I pass dozens of MTBers every day – perhaps a secret wave/handshake may help.

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

I think STW is great. You really do have to make an effort to get out and meet some of the people on here. I have and like others have said they are all to a man/woman great people.
    I really have lost count of the number of people I’ve met off here now. It’s certainly well in excess of 50, quite possibly over 100 by now.
    😀

theflatboy
    Free Member

there’s a lot of what you talk about on here, but it’s pretty easy to ignore. on the other hand, there are huge amounts of useful info being given out by people and offers of assistance, time and more all over the place not only for biking but for all that other shit that one has to do when one isn’t biking.

see here for a good, recent personal example. 🙂

GrahamS

Objectification and all that bollox

Basic human drive no?

At the end of the day you are never going to find a group of guys (or girls) sitting about saying “bluddy ‘ell, look at the personality on that! I be she’s amusing, attentive and surprisingly well-informed. I could talk to her all night long.”

GrahamS

Oh.. and yes I also think this forum is great.

There are debates. Sometimes heated. But that is part of the fun of the place.

There are also plenty of genuine people on here who have given sound advice to me on everything from boiler maintenance and wood oiling to where to live and where to go on honeymoon.

CountZero

Thank you ladies for coming to defend the Friday A & A thread. As it regularly features men as well as women, I truly fail to see how any reasonable person could get all bent out of shape over it. Has anyone noticed the gender bias on the hill overlooking centre court when Murray’s playing? Perhaps TJ should wander round there handing out leaflets telling the ladies that they’re sad little girls for objectifying Andy Murray. Then see how far it gets him.

hora
    Free Member

**trips hora up with his leg from behind the door then kicks him up the bottom**

Looks up quizzically. Stands up and hugs Pook thus throwing him off his guard.

mrsflash
    Free Member

To be fair, anyone who fancies Andy Murray needs a good talking to!

coffeeking
    Free Member

As Graham says, its a basic human instinct to look at and find people attractive or not, as a normal part of human life (for most of us) why would that not be part of a public open, off-topic chat forum? It’s done in a restrained way, it’s open to both sexes equally (though naturally is dominated by the men who are in the majority, but no-one complains about people putting female friendly content). It may be objectification to some degree, but that is entirely normal and there is nothing wrong with appreciating someone for their form when you know nothing more about them. I can’t think of anyone (without a major chip on their shoulder) who wouldnt want to be considered attractive by strangers. Sometimes it goes too far, but thats why threads involving rear entrance gates are generally frowned on and removed – theres no need to be crude.

Part of the whole human condition is to assess things on first impressions and then refine those impressions with further knowledge, appearance is the first impression in most cases, THEN you find out more about them. What you’re effectively saying is you cant find anyone attractive (or comment on it) until you know them personally. That’s going to be tricky.

theflatboy
    Free Member

that one where the guy was planning to go to a trail centre on his own and ended up going to stockport to meet up with someone.

i had a lovely day as well! 🙂

Pook

urgh gerroff gerroff, i don’t know where you’ve been….

😳

hora
    Free Member

To be fair, anyone who fancies Andy Murray needs a good talking to!

He looks abit like Millar doesnt he?

Anna-B
    Free Member

Another vote for STW – have gone from thinking it was stupid, to lurking, to occasionally posting, to posting a little more than occasionally. Have only had good experiences here, and benefitted from people’s advice. Went on my 1st STW group ride in order to meet more female bikers which I have done, as well as lots of blokes! All folk have been lovely.

Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 111 total)

The topic ‘Folks on this forum’ is closed to new replies.