Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • Folk music fans- if I like this what else will I like?
  • hora
    Free Member

Recommendations 🙂

RichPenny
    Free Member

Earplugs.

davidtaylforth
    Free Member

Obviously this

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

Meatballs and coleslaw ?

Junkyard
    Free Member

world music and WOMAD

hora
    Free Member

Richpenny that is harmonising 🙄

geoffj

Dougie Maclean

JoB
    Free Member

Late Junction on Radio3 has that sort of stuff on all the time, and all kinds of other weird and wonderful, er, music

user-removed
    Free Member

Yup – Late Junction is great for world music and general off kilter weirdness. You might also want to have a listen to The Roches, specifically an album called ‘Nurds’. All female harmonising – a lot of a- capello stuff. Interesting…

Hairychested
    Free Member

Blunt razor to slash your wrists!

MrNutt
    Free Member

This

or

This

hora
    Free Member

The Roches is waaaay to ‘Apple Pie’ for me. Saccharine(?) sweet

hora
    Free Member

MrNutt tut tut!

MrNutt
    Free Member

heh heh

andrew
    Free Member

Some of the stuff reviewed here might tickle yer fancy – not exclusively folk and little straightforwardly traditional folk like the stuff in your link but some v.good contemporary psychedelic folk and people working in the trad. folk tradition (such as the superb Sharron Kraus).

Woven Wheat Whispers used to be a superb web resource but, in a familiar story…

The folk music download store Woven Wheat Whispers, has closed its virtual doors for the last time.

Woven Wheat Whispers was the target of a hacker attack and was taken offline to safeguard customer data. During the closure Mark Coyle reviewed the service and decided to close the store permanently. Diminishing sales and general apathy were amongst the reasons given for the closure.

user-removed
    Free Member

The Roches is waaaay to ‘Apple Pie’ for me. Saccharine(?) sweet

Donno ’bout that – there’s some jarring dischordancy going on in that album.

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

The topic ‘Folk music fans- if I like this what else will I like?’ is closed to new replies.