Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Folding Saw
  • honourablegeorge

Broke a cheap one last night.

Is a Silky Pocketboy the one to get?

cyclingweakly
    Free Member

Not tried the Silky, but I have the Bahco Laplander which is pretty good. Just wish it wasn’t camo woodland green as I spend half my time looking for it!

The best one I ever had was this Fiskars telescopic saw. Not as compact as the Bahco but cut noticeably quicker.

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

I have a silky, canny remember what size, but it’s pretty handy. Only cuts on the pull and can wallop through 6″ branches in a flash.

It’s my 2nd fave trail clearing tool after the fiskars XA3 Bill hook.

birky
    Free Member

Is it for cutting an artisan granary loaf?

cyclingweakly
    Free Member

Is it for cutting an artisan granary loaf?

Genius! I’ll keep my old blunt one at the office for cutting my poncey loaves from Booths! 😆

honourablegeorge

It needs to be able to cut 150 slices of gluten free banana bread in less than 4 minutes

grahamt1980

Silky big boy (fnar) is a fantastic saw. Will cut through a huge amount of stuff

4130s0ul
    Free Member

Another vote for the Bahco Laplander, it’s a great saw that takes up little space but cuts well.
    (and if you buy direct from Bahco it doesn’t have to be forest green / camo)

z1ppy

[url=https://flic.kr/p/a7acEz]Stuff I saw..[/url]

My cheap as chips fiskars folding saw did that, my replacement Silky Fox Gomtaro (admittedly not folding, but it fit in my pack!) cleared the rest in half the time..

kenburg
    Free Member

I’ve got a Silky 180 (small, compact, bright orange handle) and a Silky Katanaboy (500mm blade- yes seriously!) which would fell a good sized tree…

mildbore

Got a fiskar which I find very efficient for trail pixie duties even though my ham fisted son managed to wedge/bend the blade when it was brand new

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Folding Saw’ is closed to new replies.