Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Foes XCT 5 2:1, any thoughts / experiences?
  • WhatafackinLiberty
    Free Member

As title any thoughts, comments and / or experience appreciated.

They are very expensive but keen to hear on the Carnutt air shock performance, frame quality etc…

andy

🙂

StuE
    Free Member

Got mine on ebay along with forks,wheels and brakes,frame quality is very good, can’t comment on the air shock as mine is coil,rides really well with the 36’s even though they are longer than recommended.

WhatafackinLiberty
    Free Member

Thanks StuE.

What about weight? 8 pound with the air shock I believe. Maybe too much for all day rides? What does your complete bike come in at on the scales?

andy

StuE
    Free Member

No idea what it weights, I would be happy to ride it all day and do.The whole build with King hubs,Hope brakes, Fox van R forks cost me less than the frame would have cost new

forgotmename
    Free Member

Its a great all day ride, very stiff rear end, great climber, i had 1 with a ti spring tho, but now have a fxr with an air shock, which i prefer, its a very adjustable shock, i had pikes on mine and they suited it well, not the lightest 5 inch bike, but 1 of the strongest and very reliable with long service intervals. I consider the xct as the ideal peak district bike.

Crell
    Free Member

They aren’t light, though I had mine down to 27.5 Lbs with a fairly top end build. I’d say they are an ideal all day bike though as they are very comfy to ride. The Curnutt air is pretty amazing and from a control point of view it’s as close to a hardtail as I’ve ridden on any FS bike. They are very stiff laterally and it just soaks up all the low speed stuff. You do forget the rear is working at times. Massively adjustable as well with a simple turn of a dial while you’re on the trail.

Silly money but if it’s burning a hole in your pocket I’d recommend one. Oh and the coke can is also a talking point if that’s your thing! I’d agree about the ideal peaks bike comment. If it were a couple of pounds lighter it would be better, but it is built like a tank.

whytetrash

Which is handy when you launch em off your roof rack eh Crell :wink:…any news on your HT replacement yet fella?

Crell
    Free Member

As I said…bombproof 🙂

HT should be ready in about a month or so. Can’t wait, it’s been 6 weeks already.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Foes XCT 5 2:1, any thoughts / experiences?’ is closed to new replies.