Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • FODCA Trail..any good? going Friday with the Girlfriend
  • phildowling
    Free Member

Thinking of taking the girlfriend there tomorrow. She’s done Penhydd and some local stuff around here (South Wales)
    Will she enjoy it? It’s only around 4km so i guess laps would be in order.

Obviously it could be extended but wants the chances of getting lost and being eaten by wolfs… 🙄

Route idea’s greatfully accepted.

Also she’ll be on my old Orange Evo and i’ll be on my Lynskey so if you see us say hi!

MrAgreeable

Yeah, it’s a fun quick blast, quite up and down-y but not much harder than the trails at Afan. There were loads of exposed roots which made things interesting in the wet. Last time I went they had just chucked a load of gravel on it, so the rootiness was less of a problem but it was a bit sketchy. That was a while ago so it should have bedded in by now and hit a happy medium.

Instead of doing laps, have a nose at the top of the DH area as there are some fun singletrack/easy DH trails.

Brown
    Free Member

I thought it was shut at the moment for felling. I might be wrong though. Give the bike shop (pedalabikeaway?) a call before you go, just to be on the safe side.

phildowling
    Free Member

ok will try and call later

Any locals know if the trails are open?

smiffy

Use FODCA as a warm-up, then go exploring. There’s loads of random trails heading off the big gravelly loop, I always find something new.

mattsccm
    Free Member

don’t worry much about anything being closed, the locals don’t. Most if not all is open . wouldn’t compare it to Afan etc , rather easier. Dead dry at the moment. At some point work your way up the hill behind the centre and the FODCA and then follow tracks down. Look at an OS amp and you’ll see that the woods near to the centre etc are based around a cross roads at Cannop. You can get lost if you remember which quarter you are in. At the worst you be a couple of miles from the car. Find Ellwood on the map and look around between there and Parkend/Bream to find Dowies etc.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘FODCA Trail..any good? going Friday with the Girlfriend’ is closed to new replies.