Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • FOD without uplifts?
  • Mugboo

Looks like I might be staying a couple of days near FOD but sadly not on an uplift day. Can anybody tell me if it’s obvious how to get back to top quickly again?

Are all the trails fun on a trail bike? (Mega with 36’s).

How many runs am I likely to get in in half a day & what order should I tackle them in? Easiest first please. Or should I just session one trail?

jedi

yeah 15min ride up. not much slower than the uplift

kayak23

Half a day you’d get a few in.
    You could warm up with a spin around the Verderers trail, and cane the last descent. Then push up the hill to find the dh tracks.
    There are a few, mostly quite close together.
    Very easy to find them really as its not a big area.

_tom_
    Free Member

You can push up in about 15 minutes. More fun to uplift if you can though, save all your energy for the fun bits 🙂

somouk
    Free Member

Just follow the power lines back up the hill, it’s a steep push but worth it!

Mugboo

Thankyou one and all. Sounds perfect 🙂

Should be fit enough after Steve’de has given me a beasting over Dartmoor this week.. Gotta love Singletrackworld.

grum
    Free Member

The Mega will be perfect. I rode it on my Pitch with 36s and didn’t feel underbiked. Can’t remember the names of the trails but they were all great fun.

wilko1999
    Free Member

On the subject of your bike – Mega with 36s will be perfect for caning the dh runs, nothing there is too demanding. The new good bad ugly dh has some bigger drops but nothing the mega wont take in its stride

Always plenty of guys in pyjamas to ask the way to the top too

psling
    Free Member

somouk – Member
    Just follow the power lines back up the hill, it’s a steep push but worth it!

The Elbow is the easier route up to most of the DH trails. Ask at the Pedalabikeaway Cycle Centre to point you to The Elbow.

For DH info have a look see here

Enjoy 8)

Mugboo

Ta 🙂

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘FOD without uplifts?’ is closed to new replies.