Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • FOD uplift, which bike? DH or Enduro?
  • theendisnigh
    Free Member

I’m going to FOD in a couple of weeks for an uplift.
    Don’t know whether I’d have more fun on my DH bike or my Cotic Rocket.
    Anyone got an educated opinion on this please?

Marko

I’d go with the DH bike. The push up is so short at the FOD that the only time the uplift service is really worth it, is if you have a full on DH bike. Having said that nothing wrong with using a ‘lighter’ bike on the uplift though.
    Hth
    Marko

psling
    Free Member

Either will do but if you’re using FlyUp Downhill then you may as well take the DH bike and ‘go for it’ a bit more 8)

(waits for someone to come along and tell you that it’s all rideable on a CX Fixie… 😉 )

theendisnigh
    Free Member

lol, I’m sure you could ride it on a anything and still and have fun. yes it is flyupdownhill. Thinking about it, my Cotic is my pride and joy bike, don’t want it getting scratched in a trailer. So DH bike it is.
    I had such a good blast on the Rocket at Climachx yesterday that I feel I want to remain faithful to it! Climachx trail is very well suited to the rocket.

Hob-Nob
    Free Member

It won’t get scratched on the trailer, they bikes are held apart.

I took my SB66 & my DH bike when I went. My DH bike didn’t come out of the van.

theendisnigh
    Free Member

why not hob nob? Quicker on the sb66?

grum
    Free Member

My Pitch with 36 vans seemed about perfect (apart from the rider).

Hob-Nob
    Free Member

Nothing there that I felt I would have been any quicker on the DH bike with, more fun on the little bike & less hard work on the flatter bits 🙂

deviant
    Free Member

Did the Mini-Downhill race there last January on a 140mm Saracen Ariel FS, i’m not a good rider and never felt out of my depth, in fact it was great. The most fun i’ve had on that bike.

dan45a
    Free Member

only trail I feel a DH bike is better for is Ski run. Others are all more suited to a 6″ bike.

I take my alpine 160 nowadays and its perfect for the uplift sections.

Not so great on the xc loop.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘FOD uplift, which bike? DH or Enduro?’ is closed to new replies.