Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • FoD uplift day, tyres review related.
  • deviant
    Free Member

Booked onto this at short notice and was miffed to see the rain this morning, was looking forward to more of the dusty trails we’ve had recently.

No worries though, gave me an excuse to take off the hateful Ardent that had been causing me no end of bother and I replaced with a Minion DHR-2…..yes you read that right, they’re like hens teeth but I have one and this would be its first ride!
    On the front went a Magic Mary and off I set. Spoke to a few lads waiting by the uplift point, said there were some puddles but the rain had made things ‘tacky’…roots were still slippery mind.

Put 25psi in the front and 30 in the rear and set off on the first run, front was great….really Schwalbe have played a blinder here, the Mary is very very good….sadly the rear was all over the place like the Ardent had been, back at the pick up point I dropped some psi from the DHR-2 and rode the same run again.

Much better, the rear tracked over everything, no pinging and sliding off of roots, the paddle type tread brakes like you’re dropping anchor and as a DH/enduro combo they’ve gone straight to the top of my list. Highly recommended!

For those who like the details, the Mary is 2.35 with Snakeskin sidewalls and Trailstar compound. The DHR-2 is Exo casing in 2.3 variety and standard Maxxis 60a compound.

(Both 26 inch…..oh the shame!)

oldtalent
    Free Member

I have mary trailstar on the front of my enduro bike, its very good, replaced the hans damp.
    However my dh bike has a minion (supertacky) front & rear & I must say, they are the grippiest tyres I have ever used.
    At 15st I use 30psi at the rear & 27 at the front.
    Must book fod uplift soon, ive only ever pushed up.

stevied
    Free Member

ive only ever pushed up.

Did the Bell Ridefree yesterday and there were so many people I didn’t get on the bus once due to queues so I pushed up for 7 runs.
    Also tried a new tyre combo…
    DHR2 rear in EXO/tr
    Griffin ST front.
    Very happy with both but the Griffin was surprisingly good.

dobiejessmo
    Free Member

Wasn’t to bad down there Monday.Bit slick in places suppose to be dry down there Wednesday onwards.Dowies area was drier than Worcester Lodge.

dobiejessmo
    Free Member

Forgot to say I was using Tioga downhillers like them in 26″ of course.Have a few new ones in the loft ready 🙂

jacksprogis
    Free Member

Like my DHR2’s too. They’re yet to make a 60a one though. 3C only.

stevied
    Free Member

DHR2’s aren’t just 3C. I’ve got a 3C/EXO/TR and a EXO/TR (non-3C)
    : http://www.maxxis.com/catalog/tire-470-121-minion-dhr-ii

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘FoD uplift day, tyres review related.’ is closed to new replies.