Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • FOD today
  • LMT
    Free Member

Firstly great blue route, really enjoyed the trail and tbh its how a trail should be built no braking bumps plenty of reward for slim climbs not sure if its a blue but grading is always each others view. The last downhill bits just awesome such a change to my normal cannock sunday blast.

Secondly howmany people on the trail and at the cafe i can’t remember the last time i saw so many bikers in one place all at the same time and on the trails loads of traffic, the olympic effect or is that normal??

But was a great day out, took my novice OH and she loved it, although due to breakages ive lost all my spare parts to get her bike fixed up for the next trip.

creamegg
    Free Member

Was there yesterday, car park full of people but didn’t see that many on the trails considering. Normally a popular place on weekends

Rickos
    Free Member

Since the new trail opened and they did the cafe area up and put the bridge in over the road its been rammed at weekends.

FoD now seems to be a destination rather than just a hang out. Think I’ve nicked that off someone – Dirt Mag maybe?

randomjeremy
    Free Member

Also new DH trails are opening all the time and now the uplift has 2 vans on the go, and it’s quick (about 8 minutes) – combined with ample parking, a bike wash, cafe and showers/toilets, FOD is really on the up!

bigh
    Free Member

Never seen it that busy and I’ve rdden there for nearly 20 years. Luckly off the beaten track it was empty, Had the pleasure of guiding a hen party 🙂 Lucky me.

redthunder
    Free Member

It felt like a bike park today 🙂

Saw an Ambulance in the CP. Apparently a DH’er ripped his plums off 🙁 Saddle failure and the rails did the damage 🙁

dobiejessmo
    Free Member

I have never seen it that busy ever.But soon as you get on natural trails you dont see a sole.Over the Dowies way you see no body.Did see a guy on the motorbike trail he was getting away from the crowds.I expect it was so busy because the weather is crap tomorrow and was not great saturday.Does seem to be a fair amount of people getting hurt down there these days pushing the envelope i suppose.

zangolin
    Free Member

Saw an Ambulance in the CP. Apparently a DH’er ripped his plums off Saddle failure and the rails did the damage

Injury update
    Not so bad as above – rider plums are still attached. His saddle rail pierced said area of skin. Micro stitches and discharged from A+E – he will be walking bow legged for a little while. No permanent damage done.

wrecker
    Free Member

Saw an Ambulance in the CP. Apparently a DH’er ripped his plums off Saddle failure and the rails did the damage

He had a bit of a limp didn’t he? Didn’t know the ambulance was for him, he looked pretty nonchalant like he was going to drive himself to hospital.

LMT
    Free Member

I saw a couple with arms in slings as i was leaving, thought the ambulance was for them, that downhill on the blue route is a great piece of trail so can see why there would be accidents.

_tom_
    Free Member

o_o -buys pivotal seat for DH bike-

haven’t been to the FOD for ages but I always have a good time there. The new trail currently called The Good The Bad and The Ugly looks awesome.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘FOD today’ is closed to new replies.