Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • FoD pine tree 1, Trek Fuel 0. Can you help me find a replacement please?
  • wilko1999
    Free Member

My mate crashed full tilt into a tree yesterday in the FoD and this was the result. Somehow he walked away with only bruised batteries… any suggestions on what to look for in a cheap 120-140mm second-hand frame please, maybe budget 500ish? He doesn’t want another Fuel, I’ve suggested a Trance, what else to look out for that might fall into his budget? Thanks

onewheelgood

That’ll polish out.

wwaswas

“that’ll polish out etc etc” [edit] too late!]

blimey.

There’s a Nicolai in the classifieds I’d point him at.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Looks like an old skool Kona DH bike now. Sweet!

fathomer

Jesus 😯

rOcKeTdOg

I reckon that’s just a sticker

dawson

are the tubes made of paper?

How do you manage that and not pringle the front wheel?

wilko1999
    Free Member

I didn’t get that either, the front wheel was running perfectly afterwards. Funniest bit was watching him try and ride it back to the van

jonathan
    Free Member

Is it worth trying to see if he can get a new front end from Trek on a crash replacement basis? It might not be worth it if he really doesn’t want the same again, but it might give him a complete frame to sell on.

I’ve be checking the fork over pretty carefully too!

GolfChick
    Free Member

OMG! How lucky is your mate!!! Blimey!!

onewheelgood

For a head on impact, a bicycle wheel is much stronger than a frame. Don’t ask me how I know this, because I was knocked unconscious so I can’t remember.

wilko1999
    Free Member

Yeah he was bl88dy lucky it has to be said. Jonathan, I suggested that he contact Trek and see about some sort of cheap replacement, even though he bought it second-hand and has no receipt, there’s nothing to lose. Whether he will or not remains to be seen.

torihada
    Free Member
    wilko1999
    Free Member

Great link Tori, thankfully they don’t have large or I’d be seriously tempted myself

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘FoD pine tree 1, Trek Fuel 0. Can you help me find a replacement please?’ is closed to new replies.