Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • FOD MiniDH layby camping?
  • spev

I’ve entered the 661 Mini DH at the end of this month (26th Jan) and thought I might stay in the van overnight. There aren’t many campsites close to the pedal away center so does anyone know if there’s any safe car parks I can stop in?
    If not i’ll try one of the sites a bit further away but I’m happy to rough it a bit

ta

didgy2
    Free Member

There is a car park opposite the speech house hotel just up the road that often has campers in. Not sure if they are meant to, but there are no gates or anything.

mattsccm
    Free Member

Technically no camping in the FoD. So the answer is no. However you will probably be fine in any of the parking area that are off the road. Opposite Cannop ponds, either by the stone works or the top fine is popular. As mentioned Speech house or along the road opposite the school.

Pawsy_Bear
    Free Member

Plenty of camp sites

http://www.exploregloucestershire.co.uk/page254.asp

Why not support the local economy. Also helps with the popularity of the sport locally so securing events.

sgn23
    Free Member

We’ve stayed at this site a couple of times. It’s about 10 mins from pedalaway, basic but they allow open fires, which wins it for me! http://www.greenacrescampsite.co.uk/

spev

cheers all, i’ll take a look at some local sites then

dirtbiker100
    Free Member

last year there were some guys just parked up on the fireroad out the back of the carpark, judging by the response of the forestry person who came round and chatted to them in the morning they were allowed there. “wasn’t too cold last night was it/hope you got enough sleep” etc. was sub-zero that night and they’d put up a tent on the fireroad so not much insulation on the ground!

try getting in touch?

mildred

I parked in the car park with my motorhome and was told it was fine. The organiser have me a ticket for the window so I didn’t have to pay the machine.

spev

i’d happily pay to use the car park overnight, i’ll give them a ring tomorrow and see what’s what

steveh

It’s not officially allowed but I’ve camped in the carpark/on the fireroad at every one I’ve been to and never had any problems.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘FOD MiniDH layby camping?’ is closed to new replies.