Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • FoD Mini Enduro – Helmet
  • prezet
    Free Member

Never done anything like this before – is it wise to be going for full face helmet?

kimbers

personal choice, some people go ff, most probably wont, are you happy cycling the enture rout in a ff?

xcneil
    Free Member

Hi I race in ff and do the practice on the sat in ff I’m sketchy though 😆

scottfitz
    Free Member

I have done about 6 GE’s now and have not used or want to used a FF.
    But its up to you, if you fell safer in one do it. I reckon out of the ones I have done 80-90% of the rider have been in open face. And the one I did with qualifying about 60-70% in open face.

prezet
    Free Member

Ah cool. Thanks. I’ll take both lids anyway and decide on the day I think – most likely stick with open face and googles if it’s muddy. Looking forward to it – even if a little nervous.

scottfitz
    Free Member

Good luck prezet, it will be fun.

fuzzhead
    Free Member

I did the mini enduro at Haldon in open face – some people raced in fullface lids, but as mentioned above, it means either wearing it on the transition stages (climbs) or taking another lid to wear. You have to wear a lid at all times iirc.

dabble
    Free Member

First time racer here too, just booked myself on after ummin and ahhing all day. I think i’ll take both lids and see what its like during the practise, thinking of wearing ff for stages n hf for transitions. Though if its cold i might just wear my ff and sweat to death!

Give us a wave if you see me, nukeproof mega with daft long brake hoses at the front, riding on me todd 🙂
    Does anyone know if you can park in the cycle place car park overnight? Dont fancy a three hour drive early sunday morning.

getonyourbike
    Free Member

Open face for sure.

EDIT- And goggles.

steveh

dabble – no it’s definitely not allowed to camp on the fire road. well that’s what i’ve been told the 6 or 7 times I’ve done it in my van anyway. Don’t imagine you’ll have any problems.

dabble
    Free Member

OK,not on the fire road, but what about the big car park outside pedalaway?

steveh

As above you’ll be fine on the fireroad though you may get told different. Car park likely to be much more of a problem.

dabble
    Free Member

cheers steve.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘FoD Mini Enduro – Helmet’ is closed to new replies.