Viewing 27 posts - 1 through 27 (of 27 total)
  • FoD Mini Enduro
  • prezet
    Free Member

Looks like it’s gonna be a wet one!

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2480816/Almost-HALF-monthly-rainfall-November-fall-24-hours-Saturday-heading-southern-England.html

(excuse the dailyfail link, was sent it by a so called mate)

stevede
    Free Member

Will be sticking with the mud tyres for this one then! Looking forward to it, only my second trip to fod, loved the short dh stuff, hopefully the ‘off piste’ stuff will be even better. The last mini enduro i did was Haldon in Jan and that was about as wet as it gets so will expect the same!

prezet
    Free Member

Yeah me too. We have friends who live right in the forest, so staying with them. I hit the trails everytime we go across – but never ventured into the ‘off piste’ stuff.

If you see a muddy bloke with a silver Transition Covert/Fox 36’s – say hello 🙂

stevede
    Free Member

Driving up from West Cornwall early doors Sunday so if you see a tired bloke half asleep on a ti slackline give me a whack on the back of the head!!!

xiphon
    Free Member

Loving the ‘Daily Mail’ page you see when clicking on DM links… nice
    😆

prezet
    Free Member

Can’t be many Ti Slacklines around! I’ve just picked up one of the Stanton 4x frames ready for pump track fun next year.

colournoise

Driving across from Peterborough on (early) Sunday morning. Leaving one lot of wet, muddy, rooty trails for another it looks like. Will also be running a HT (BFe).

lbjones
    Free Member

Bloody hell, this will be my 8th gravity enduro this year, only 1 of them having been in the dry! You’d have thought I’d be a master of the mud by now but unfortunately not……Ah well, least falling off hurts less when your going slower.

mamadirt
    Free Member

Ah burger! My Swampthings are bald 🙁

Karl33to
    Free Member

Had a great time yesterday, first ever enduro for me. Was pretty happy with my 9th in category when they put the results up, but got nudged down to 10th by the time they went up online 🙁

Well done Steve on your second place, what did you win?

I was the one on the Production Privee BTW.

How did everyone else get on?

stevede
    Free Member

Cheers Karl, was a cracking day wasn’t it mate. I was surprised with my podium as I had a rubbish stage 1 and made a few big mistakes on stage 2. Loved all 3 stages, loose and fun 🙂
    The results sheets got updated not long after they went up – think they missed someone from our category so had to find them in the system. Loved your bike mate, the Shan deffo looks as good up close as it does in the photos. Hopefully see you at a few more. Hope everyone else enjoyed it, the weather was glorious!

stevede
    Free Member

Oh and I got a one industries hoody, some socks and a nice little trophy

prezet
    Free Member

I did sh*t. Slid out on that off camber section on stage 1, did ok in stage 2, then really messed up stage 3 – that muddy left/right corner caught me out completely and I ended up in the tape 😀

84th in the end. Looks like I need to work on my DH before next years!

lbjones
    Free Member

Yep, gread day out, weather was pretty much tops in the end, nice and slidey but I thought the trails held up really well. Managed to not come off the bike once which is an acheivement for me!

Did have some interesting moments, once trying to overtake no. 130 (which I have a sneaking suscpision may be prezet?!?) on stage 1 and almost running into the same guy in a rutted right hander on stage 3!

Anyone seen the pics of Neil D doubling over the top of the last gully bit on stage 1? Craziness, wouldnt even have thought to attempt that!

Karl33to
    Free Member

Anyone seen the pics of Neil D doubling over the top of the last gully bit on stage 1? Craziness, wouldnt even have thought to attempt that!

Yep, just seen them, pretty impressive esp. as there was hardly a lip there.

Link for the lazies … https://www.rootsandrain.com/photos/562369

prezet
    Free Member

Haha lbjones – yep, that was me! more time on the floor than upright. That 3rd section I was all over the place.

ART

Yay! Fun day out – chuffed to stay upright – especially on that last crazy, mudfest, right hander at the end of stage 3 with the added pressure of a heckling audience 🙂 [phew]

prezet
    Free Member

You made it through that bit then? I ended up in the tape with someone telling me to get back on the bike as there were dancing girls waiting at the end 😀

daveagiles
    Free Member

Had a brilliant time. Great practice on the Saturday and Sunday morning. Unfortunately crashed out and buckled my wheel at the end of the first stage, just before the finish :(. Gutted, ah well!

This was just milliseconds beforehand! https://www.rootsandrain.com/photos/562327

ART

You made it through that bit then?

I know! No one more surprised than me – twas the pressure of spectating team mates shouting at me, keeping me upright 😀

Leigh2612
    Free Member

I’m going up Thursday and going to find the stages. I’ve ridden stage 2 the week before the race which was brilliant. Has anyone got a GPS of the full route I can pinch?
    Cheers!

getonyourbike
    Free Member

It really was a great event.

I rode like a retarded giraffe and came away with 1st in the hardtail cat. Had a good laugh too.

Nice one, Steve. It was bloody close between 2nd, 3rd and 4th!

mamadirt
    Free Member

I was the one on the Production Privee BTW.

Hello! Glad it rode as good as it looks 8) . Freakin’ awesome day . . . bring on the next one!

lbjones
    Free Member

You made it through that bit then? I ended up in the tape with someone telling me to get back on the bike as there were dancing girls waiting at the end

Best bit of the day for me, having just passed prezet (on the floor!), I managed to get throughn the slippy right hander wihtout dabbing and then heard a chorus of groans ang Ugghsss behind me as I assumed prezet went down again on that corner in front of the baying crowd. Did make me chuckle.

Also good fun seeing the best skid competition at the end of stage 3 and trying to guess who’d be the first to be taken out be someone finishing the stage!

prezet
    Free Member

Haha. Think I only went down once on that stage – but the rest of it was completely out of shape. Feet out all over the place trying to keep upright! For some reason I just couldn’t keep off the brakes on that left hander just before you got to the slippy right.

Looks like I need to brush up on some skills before the next one!

getonyourbike
    Free Member

I’ve got my race report from the event written and online now if anybody’s interested and wants to give it a read.

http://peterlloydmtb.blogspot.co.uk/2013/11/forest-of-dean-mini-enduro.html

prezet
    Free Member

Nice write up – already looking forward to the next one. Must make sure not to get the number before lbjones next time 😀

Viewing 27 posts - 1 through 27 (of 27 total)

The topic ‘FoD Mini Enduro’ is closed to new replies.