Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • FOD, kid and bike friendly campsites ??? (417 worth a look on the way)
  • stevextc
    Free Member

Anyone got specific recommendations.
    I just booked the uplift for myself and Jnr. last weekend of August.

If I can get the Friday off then I thought we might try 417 project on the way (if I was sure I’d get time off I’d book the Friday uplift though) ???

gribble
    Free Member

Nice looking site

Just booked, but not stayed there yet. Friendly enough though.

stevextc
    Free Member

cheers i saw that one … looked fine but bought any personal recommendations ??

What put me off is this extract (combined with photo’s)

As soon as you enter the grounds of Bracelands campsite, you’ll be immediately impressed with its size…..

TBH given a choice I’d prefer small and cosy even if it has less facilities??

v666ern
    Free Member

Have personally stayed at Bracelands with a 2year old and it was fine. It is a large field, which just means its a bit more spread out.
    Lovely family walk down to the wye from there too, and some of the best off piste in the next valley too 😉

v666ern
    Free Member

re 417 – i find you wont need to book the uplift in the evenings either just pay for a pass card of 15 runs and you can use it at FOD/Gawton if you dont use them all!

psling
    Free Member

This place Whitemead Park is within easy off-road cycling distance of the cycle centre/uplift and has pretty much everything to keep the family entertained.

EDIT: smaller & quieter you say, maybe Beeches Farm

stevextc
    Free Member

Beeches looks like what I was looking for…. more of the camping being an adventure than facilities…

As it’s just me and Jnr …. we don’t really want distractions…. Gran was asking to come along (and stay in a B&B) but I already explained we would be on the first and last uplifts and not stopping in-between except for buying food.

I’m hoping to get the Friday off work…. hopefully find out tomorrow … then its either drive Thursday (after work) or Friday morning…. so then it’s do we go straight to FOD or stop off at 417 ???

Never been to 417 but I know FOD is a blast and it’s Jnr’s birthday present (as well as some new forks and fork tuning)

timidwheeler

We’ve stayed here http://www.forestofdeancamping.co.uk
    A few times and like it.

However we prefer Whitemead park for the location. It’s on the green route and an easy spin straight to the uplift. It’s also at the bottom of loads of off piste stuff. There are also two good food pubs in easy walking distance.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘FOD, kid and bike friendly campsites ??? (417 worth a look on the way)’ is closed to new replies.