Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 60 total)
  • FOD getting trashed by tossers in 4×4's
  • SOAP
    Free Member

Get a fricking life!
    So some Inbread cinderford idiots are trashing the DH lines
    WTF

fervouredimage
    Free Member

4X4’s on the DH trails? How are they getting access to them?

SOAP
    Free Member

creamegg
    Free Member

It’s one of those blooming fat bikes!

mikey74
    Free Member

Crap!! I was going to head over there for an uplift on Friday. Is it still worth it?

fervouredimage
    Free Member

Don’t get too upset about it. Apparently the countryside is for everyone to share, so just exchange pleasantries when you pass them by or be ashamed to be a mountain biker if you do anything otherwise.

bigh
    Free Member

mikey74 yes, dont worry.

amedias
    Free Member

Apparently the countryside is for everyone to share

It is, for everyone who is legally allowed to be there. 4×4 probably not.
    And certainly no excuse for damaging trails, don’t compare this the walkers on the trail thread, totally different kettle of fish.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

And certainly no excuse for damaging trails, don’t compare this the walkers on the trail thread, totally different kettle of fish.

^^Agreed^^

fervouredimage
    Free Member

Apparently the countryside is for everyone to share

Not really.

inkster
    Free Member

live and let live and all that, but i’ll wager those trails took a lot of time and effort to build, only to be destroyed in seconds by a 4×4. This has got nothing to do with shared use, walker / bikes / horses etc.

It’s pure selfish vandalism on the part of 4×4 drivers.

Hopk1ns
    Free Member

Fervouredimage is trolling or just not v bright.

These are official fc marked dh trails.

amedias
    Free Member

Not really.

how is it even remotely the same!

in one instance you have a group of people doing something totally legal but perhaps a bit dim.

in this instance you have driving a 4×4 somewhere illegally and doing damage to a resource built and provided by FC/local authorities.

They are not the same at all in any way shape or form.

br
    Free Member

it’ll be us next…

mark90
    Free Member

Wow, they must be seriously hard core off roaders to tackle that terrain in their rusty discos with 4″ spring spacers and remould simex copies 🙄

zangolin
    Free Member

mattsccm
    Free Member

Whilst not in the slightest agreeing with the 4Wd use I must be missing a few pics.The only ones I see have a bit of a tread mark along the side. I was expecting to see a hole instead of a bump.

JEngledow
    Free Member

Wow, they must be seriously hard core off roaders to tackle that terrain in their rusty discos with 4″ spring spacers and remould simex copies

One comment on Facebook included the following:

someone walking dogs… said he saw short wheel landy pick up jacked up etc. also had no windows so driver and passenger wearing helmets. he said she saw them in the woods by the Pludds. the bloke said (his words) its was a 4×4 race spec.

TheWrongTrousers

Which trail is that Zango ?

dobiejessmo
    Free Member

When did this happen?They wont get far long that trail.Pretty pointless really nowt as strange as folk.All the forest and they try and drive down there 🙄

dobiejessmo
    Free Member

Its the start of all the downhill runs made like that in July.They were doing some work on the start few weeks back.

BadlyWiredDog

Hard to believe. Seriously though, have none of you ever ridden on golf courses? Or bowling greens? Same difference. Glass houses and stuff.

mark90
    Free Member

Ah so my my stereotyping assumption was a bit off. Sounds more like a trialer.

Bushwacked
    Free Member

I believe it was Corkscrew.

Some of our local trails have had similar and its a gutter when you’ve spent so much time building them to have some **** come and drive over them. This is vandalism and very different to walkers on a trail or a biker on a footpath.

psling
    Free Member

SOAP – Member

…So some Inbread cinderford idiots are trashing the DH lines

You know who they are then? Or was that an unsupported assumption? Or do you have inside information from a baker?

It’s a PITA when trails are trashed; if they are local it shouldn’t be too hard to identify them and a word will be had. We’ve had to have an advisory word with motorbikers in the past and they’ve gone elsewhere when they understand the effort put into the built trails by local people.

inkster
    Free Member

BadlyWiredDog – Member
    Hard to believe. Seriously though, have none of you ever ridden on golf courses? Or bowling greens? Same difference. Glass houses and stuff.

Different difference.
    Seriously though, I’d not ride across a golf course or a bowling green, than would be vandalism. Different difference.

zangolin
    Free Member

Yes – Trail is the top section of Corkscrew at the FoD. 4×4 has driven down from the uplift mound. All along the newly built section and up and over the older main tabletop jump.
    From a friend this afternoon just down the road at Pludds
    ” spoke with someone walking dogs about 10mins ago said he saw short wheel landy pick up jacked up etc. also had no windows so driver and passenger wearing helmets. he said she saw them in the woods by the Pludds. the bloke said (his words) its was a 4×4 race spec.”

From one of our local experts: probably Insa Turbo special off road tyres

topper

Op, why the Cinderford comments?

T

convert

Whilst not in the slightest agreeing with the 4Wd use I must be missing a few pics.The only ones I see have a bit of a tread mark along the side. I was expecting to see a hole instead of a bump.

Agreed. Bollox thing to do and more of the same might trash the place but there does seem to be a bit of excessive hand-ringing about the damage so far.

dobiejessmo
    Free Member

Cinderford comments bit like if you came from Essex etc.One of those things which have always hung over the Forest.

ps44
    Free Member

meh
    try sharing your trails with horse riders if you want to see them properly f***ed up

dobiejessmo
    Free Member

Well yes that seems to be the worse eroders of the lot.Yet as the horse has been around so long they get away with murder or should i say murdering the trails.

glupton1976
    Free Member

Meh – they’ve not touched any of the bits where people actually put their wheels.

I woudl still probably deck them for doing it though.

topper

Fairplay, dobiejessmo, but it is very Cinderford specific.

No pun intended.

T

mikewsmith
    Free Member

All those going on about us next, live and let live etc. these are trails built for a purpose with lots of hard work. Must be a very small minded petty idiot who thought it would be clever to take a 4×4 down it. Fence along the top should do it.

jam-bo

while it looks annoying, it certainly doesnt look to have affected the ridden line much. or am i missing something?

dobiejessmo
    Free Member

Its all about inbreeding/Sheep beeping 😆

zangolin
    Free Member

while it looks annoying, it certainly doesnt look to have affected the ridden line much. or am i missing something?

Yes – the photos don’t really show the true extent of the damage done to the structure of the trail/features. It would not be long before things start to slide/collapse/erode esp with the amount of traffic the trail receives and wet cold winter which we will no doubt have. Yes atm the riding line is more or less ok but it’s the structure that supports that riding line and also keeps it drained which as been damaged in a reasonable number of areas.

empireofthefun
    Free Member

Love to know when they were driving down corkscrew, must have been in the dark else surely someone would have seen them.

wallop

Hang on a minute. Many of you are claiming that a 4×4 wouldn’t do much damage, but it’s hardly a place for mixing cars and bikes – back in the summer I remember motorbikes riding the wrong way up Christmas Trees in the Mendips and I shit my pants – that would have been really messy.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 60 total)

The topic ‘FOD getting trashed by tossers in 4×4's’ is closed to new replies.