• This topic has 21 replies, 9 voices, and was last updated 9 years ago by pt81.
Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • FOD Enduro Trail. Singlespeedable?
  • bigblackshed

Meeting some guys tomorrow with the plan of riding the Enduro loop at FOD. New trail for me. Is it singlespeedable or will I need some dangly geary things?

All calls for MTFU Princess are greatfully accepted. 😆

wilko1999
    Free Member

Most of the climbs you should be okay, a couple of them are steep and loose though, albeit quite short, that might be a struggle, especially if it’s wet. Rigid or hardtail? Great loop by the way.

My own view though having ridden it plenty of times is that I’d much prefer to have some sort of gearage and at least front suspension too, just because its more fun that way. YMMV!

bigblackshed

Bouncy front.

I have no shame in pushing. 😳

v666ern
    Free Member

If it rains you’ll be the most appropriatly biked, did the race a couple of years back and it through it down only the ss’s coped everyone else got chewed up.

I much prefer the enduro over verds/miners its mainly single track with a couple of short fire roads in it. If you get the chance for a night ride its a lot of fun watching the eyes shining back at you…

last descent is lovely, ignore the view and pin it!

rOcKeTdOg

Enduro loop? Is this the Verderers or something new?

pt81
    Free Member

Same question, any info?

v666ern
    Free Member

Not new, its the track they use for the enduro event they have in the summer…not the rad gnarrcore thing the one that numpties can do like me

http://www.fodmtb.com/trails/4584608849

starts nr the fire road overflow car park and comes down what we call elephant man/y2k/worcester walk area.

im sure someone will be along to give a better description

RD- i’d be surprised if you havent done it
    edit just sent you an strava request, you can see it in my activity list

wilko1999
    Free Member

Its the 9 mile loop they use for the FoD Enduro race every September. There’s a GPX of it halfway down here:

http://www.fodmtb.com/trails/4584608849

It shares about 1/2 mile with Verderers, but other than that its a completely separate loop of mostly singletrack, classic FoD stuff. Its not marked though (only on race day), so you’ll either have to feel your way round or use the GPX.

EDIT: Beaten to the punch by Vern

rOcKeTdOg

What a dumbass I am,I actually rode the enduro last year, about 10 Miles, y2k descent?

pt81
    Free Member

Thanks for the link.

v666ern
    Free Member

thats the one RD, on that side there’s lots of off piste and several routes down, worth an explore if your out for the day

sorry wilko 😳

bigblackshed

The GPX file link on FODMTB is dead ATM. I ride FOD regularly. So I know what to expect from the area.

One of the guys I’m riding with tomorrow has done the Enduro, last year I believe. When I asked his opinion he goes “yeah, you’ll be fine”. He’s a machine though.

So I thought I’d open myself up to ridicule.

singlespeedstu

MTFU princess. 🙂

rOcKeTdOg

iirc correctly, it’s loamy, rooty with gravelly bits, nice singletrack too

qwerty
    Free Member

Blue is pleasently rideable, red has a piles pulsing gurn of a short climb in it.

v666ern
    Free Member

iirc correctly, it’s loamy, rooty with gravelly bits, nice singletrack too

+ rain = rooty & slippery! 😀

bigblackshed

Cheers Stu.

psling
    Free Member

Perfectly rideable on a rigid SS* ! BTW, they’re doing a bit of maintenance on it tomorrow evening at 18.30 if you want to stick around… 😆

*some ascents may require ‘3rd’ gear 😉

fodmtb
    Free Member

2013 course .gpx file available again

pt81
    Free Member

Got it fodmtb 😉

bigblackshed

FODMTB.

Trail map link is dead and the family trail is corrupt (opens but blacked out).

All this advice and the ride didn’t happen for me. 🙄

pt81
    Free Member

Worked for me. Sorry for the down time. 😐

Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)

The topic ‘FOD Enduro Trail. Singlespeedable?’ is closed to new replies.