Viewing 30 posts - 1 through 30 (of 30 total)
  • FOD Enduro trail
  • madedgar
    Free Member

Planning this weekends ride and would love to do a bit of exploring around FOD away from the man made trails. I’ve seen on many posts on here about the natural singletrack and I much prefer natural to manmade.
    Would this be a good intro to the area?
    http://www.fodmbe.org.uk/fod_enduro_course.php

Cheers

mattsccm
    Free Member

I think there is some form of endure on this weekend. I spent a fortnight arguing with the FC and local residents about our CX at Worcester lodge last night only to find that this enduro is next weekend and they didn’t tell me. Too much crap to go into. Anyway. It may be busy there. Just get an OS map, remember that most of the riding is in one of the 4 quarters from Cannop X roads and explore. Down hill always takes you to the trough road as well.

v666ern
    Free Member

Haven’t been for a while but imo the enduro is the best track. All singletrack and lovely off piste

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    Pawsy_Bear
    Free Member

Try Trailforks ap. It shows the area of some of the trails. That will give you a good steer. Their closer to Parkend, Canop ponds, Staunton

Pawsy_Bear
    Free Member

Enduro is ok, you also have the DH sheep skull etc at Pedalaway.

madedgar
    Free Member

Cheers guys,
    So OS map and follow my nose, sounds good to me. I will have a check out of the event this weekend. I can always postpone if it’s going to be heaving and head somewhere quieter.
    Ta.

madedgar
    Free Member

Pawsy, I’ve ridden the DH trails a few times, just looking for something different.
    Trailforks a good shout

russyh
    Free Member

Madegar, you got access to strava? If you follow me most of my rides are off piste in FOD including a hybrid of the old enduro route, but including some proper enduro stage descents to finish. You can download them to a Garmin if needs be

russyh
    Free Member

Madegar, you got access to strava? If you follow me most of my rides are off piste in FOD including a hybrid of the old enduro route, but including some proper enduro stage descents to finish. You can download them to a Garmin if needs be

Pawsy_Bear
    Free Member

Go to Mallards pike. The ridge to the east. As you enter, cross the cattle grate and go through the gate in front of you. 200m you see the end of Wookies the main trail. All the trails run off that one. Forest track to right through gate for about 300m then take take an obvious steep climb up. You’ll pass loads trails on your climb. Follow nose and good luck. I’d show you but I’m busy all weekend.

madedgar
    Free Member

Thanks RussyH,
    I do have Strava, I’ll check you out!
    Nice one Pawsy, liking the specifics, that’ll give me a solid place to start by the sounds of things.
    Hopefully it’s not lashing it down.

welshfarmer

Heading down to Mallards Pike on Sunday afternoon. Might see you out and about 🙂

jimplops

Russyh, hope you don’t mind, followed you on strava as we’re down parkend for family holiday, so hoping to get the odd bit of solo single track in.

russyh
    Free Member

Jimplops, no problems accepted your request. Hope it helps, we have been stopping at Park Dean cycle centr recently as the milkshakes and cakes are fantastic, but you scould start some of the routes from cannop and use parkend as a finishing point

jimplops

Cheers, we were there last year, but I was just towing the little guy on a week’s holiday, there for two this year so can get some proper riding in, thanks for the cake heads up hadn’t tried there.

russyh
    Free Member

I’m finishing work a little early today and ride from PABA at 4, if anyone fancies a ride I’m happy to show some me off piste stuff. Perhaps my extended loop of the old Enduro trail, dowies whatever reallly just let me know on here

madedgar
    Free Member

Would love to been shown around by you RussyH, but not around this evening unfortunately, cheers though, maybe some other time ?

bavariangaz
    Free Member

Sorry to hijack your thread… russyh; Any chance you could post a link to your route later? Can’t find you on strava to copy your routes and hopefully heading down to FOD next week and after something more than the trail centre to ride. Cheers!!!

russyh
    Free Member

Depends which route you want really. You can search for me on strava via my email address which is in my profile… Russ Hopkins – tewkesbury.

bavariangaz
    Free Member

That’s fine… I’ll have a look at your profile. Thanks!! Promise I won’t stalk you!

Pawsy_Bear
    Free Member

I’m around next week. Happy to bimble around and show you the areas if you need. Start out from Lydney or Parkend.

mikertroid
    Free Member

Russ

You’ll have a Strava Stalking request from me too….!

neenan1
    Free Member

And me…. sorry to add to your stalker list 🙂

madedgar
    Free Member

With a combination of the advice listed in this thread, an OS map, the trail forks app and following my nose, I had an absolutely brilliant morning exploring the forest yesterday. As you can imagine it was a very start – stop affair as I was referring to my navigational aids fairly regularly, but i’m used to this kind of riding really.
    Managed to rack up 30k and about 850m of climbing. Started at Parkend, took in some of the Dowies trails ,which are great, then worked my way over to Mallards Pike via New Fancy View and found some of the singletrack of to the east of there. Had a bit of lunch at the lake, then headed back towards to Parkend finishing with Dr Johns trail (which I really enjoyed).
    Then to the Fountain Inn for a cold cider in the sunny beer garden.
    Happy with my Saturday!

Pawsy_Bear
    Free Member

well done you hit all the main areas, fair bit out there isn’t there. Good stuff too.

jimplops

Haven’t done much here yet this week, towed the little guy around the family trail, but given the all clear to have a play above parkend, looking on strava there’s a fair bit to keep me occupied for awhile, extremely jealous of what’s around here.

Pawsy_Bear
    Free Member

And I suspect that’s only a small part of what’s out there. 😉

jimplops

Not surprised tbh, we’ve been out for a walk this evening, and seen stuff pinging off that’s not on strava lol.

russyh
    Free Member

Well if you are only around parkend for sure it’s a tiny amount. So lucky with the FOD that there is so much available. I don’t profess to be an expert at all, every time I ride I find something new. It’s great place and I simply adore spending time there.

Hopefully those that have looked at my Strava routes have found them some fun, like I say I’m not expert but log everything there and ride 3 times a week In the area, happy to meet up and ride we folks too

Pawsy_Bear
    Free Member

Yup same I’m local always happy to show others around. More trails per km than anywhere else I’ve been in UK.

Viewing 30 posts - 1 through 30 (of 30 total)

The topic ‘FOD Enduro trail’ is closed to new replies.