Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 49 total)
  • FOD enduro this Sunday Roll Call
  • tollah
    Free Member

Who’s riding what then?
    I’ll be out on the course hiding in the undergrowth with a camera 🙂

Rickos
    Free Member

I will mostly be laying turf.

Have fun in the brambles.

mokl
    Free Member

Wish it was me, but it isn’t. Knackered achilles is my excuse. The course is fab though, IMO. Think the new section might be interesting with a lot of traffic on it though, especially if wet!

tollah
    Free Member

Sad times Mokl, 1st new section in places will be slippy if wet, I’ve not ridden the 2nd new section yet but can imagine that will be too. One good thing it’ll wear it in for us 🙂
    Rikos, no brambles where I’ll be hiding, just moss :-0

hambl90
    Free Member

I’ll be there, first event in ten years for me,planning on popping down on Friday to sus things out,
    Is the course marked out now?

santacoops
    Free Member

I’ll be there! Haven’t had a chance to work out the course yet, how much of it takes up the verderers? If any?

tollah
    Free Member

Not sure when it’s getting marked out, nothing scary in it all good Singletrack fun.
    None of it uses the Verderers although it does cross it.

flatfish
    Free Member

I’m in.
    Surely I can’t get lost in the forest again! 😛

stuartkendall
    Free Member

I’ll be there… if I can force myself to take a break from Gears of War 3 that is 🙂

amt27
    Free Member

we are marking the course mostly on Saturday, although some of it might be marked before hand,
    there are some marshalling point posts up already,

none if it is on the Verderers trail, we didn’t really want to use it and the FC didn’t want us to anyway, some new trails have been built by members of the RDFCC, it also uses trails from previous Enduros and other trails,

brambles are being cut back tonight/Sat

FuzzyWuzzy

I’ve not ridden in the FoD for about 20 years – is it muddy or are the trails surfaced? (yes this is a thinly-veiled “what tyres for…” post).

s4rpf
    Free Member

Blue Trail is fine but anywhere else will be a bit of a mudfest

Becca
    Free Member

Thinking about it but I currently can’t decide whether to go for 20 or 40 miles. Or maybe just go and play on the dh tracks and not race at all, decisions decisions.

I’m in for four laps.
    If you see a big fat beardy bloke in Vegan Cyclists kit, riding a Lynskey Rohloff 29er, say hello.

lucien

I’m in, 4 laps

If you see me at front, say hello

If you see me at the back, don’t say a word…….

ssjeff
    Free Member

I’ll be racing for the win – and if any poncy papparazzi gets in my way they’ll be taking a racer’s wheel slap swaffling….

s4rpf
    Free Member

Can you still enter on the day.
    I was undecided to to enter this. Do three loops of the blue route most weekends.

But I have never done a race and I can see my self making a fool out of myself with all the racey people around.

Fuzzyfelt
    Free Member

Yep – I’ll be there in a SPAM top. Looking forward to it; competitive talk above!

tollah
    Free Member

Give it a rest Jeff.

amt27
    Free Member

Can you still enter on the day.

nope, entries close on Friday (i think), only 40 places left,

But I have never done a race and I can see my self making a fool out of myself with all the racey people around.

there is a real mix bag of riders and not many fast guys (looking at the start list),

not many fast guys (looking at the start list),

👿

Trimix
    Free Member

Im in. I wanted to do more than 2 laps, but not 4. It seemes odd you couldnt. So I will try to do 2 fast laps instead.

Why does the weather forecast only show rain on that day ?

amt27
    Free Member

Graham, I take that back, Ant White has entered.

Janesy
    Free Member

I’ll be in it to win* it. 4 laps – also wearing a spam top.

* Probably wont win it…

shedbrewed
    Free Member

Yup, first race so looking forward to it. I’ll be easy to spot as I’ll be riding tentatively so as not to do any more grief to my sciatica. Alfine 853 inbred, sporting beard…

thefod
    Free Member

Entry has now closed, Event is more or less full. 500 riders! Well done to the organisers.

Best pre order the bacon bap now 😀
    Gonna be like London in rush hour on the course, best fine tune the maneuvering skills. 😛
    Hope the weather stays dry too, can’t wait.
    Good luck everyone, enjoy.

mattsccm
    Free Member

It’ll pee it down, the boar will eat the arrows abd the bacon will be overdone. You are all doomed. And if it doesn’t rain I will wee on a awkward bit. 😆

whiter74
    Free Member

Glad I did’nt enter then matt 😆

amt27
    Free Member

saw a huge boar on the first bit of single track last night, or was that you matt

psling
    Free Member

Was that you out with the yellow spray paint last night amt27?

amt27
    Free Member

no that was a guy from the Lions Club, i was doing a couple of laps checking the course

psling
    Free Member

Aha. Course is looking good, some interesting variations 🙂 Fingers crossed it stays fairly dry ’til Sunday (despite Matt’s forecasts!).

dirtbiker100
    Free Member

I was going to ride the dh tracks tomorrow – is this still possible do people know?

amt27
    Free Member

Yeah, everything else is open all weekend as normal. On Sunday there will be marshalls at crossing points with the blue route (several) and downhill runs (the course sort of goes round the bottom of one).

dirtbiker100
    Free Member

brill thanks amt27

Hopk1ns
    Free Member

Anyone know if its muddy in the FOD yet? Could put my muds on when i get there but would prefer to do it the day before. Weathers looking good on the metoffice

Janesy
    Free Member

Which tyres for FOD?

tollah
    Free Member

I’ll be using a Surly Larry on the front and a racing Ralph on the back.

amt27
    Free Member

i am currently running Mud Xs, but the course is drying out, if that continues I will switch to RRs, if it rains against (drizzle possible on Sunday) back to the Mud Xs,

however they are the only 2 sets I can choose from,

Janesy
    Free Member

What PSI should my forks be set at?

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 49 total)

The topic ‘FOD enduro this Sunday Roll Call’ is closed to new replies.