Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • FOD downhill conditions
  • alzore
    Free Member

Evening all,

Going to do a uplift at FOD on Friday and without starting a dull tyre thread, can anyone tell me what type of ground it is and am I going to need a dh mud tyre at the front.? Can I get away with a HR 2 front and minion dhf back on the downhill tracks.?

Many thanks 🙂

mboy
    Free Member

You won’t die with your current choice of tyres, but you might possibly be better off running Swamp Things given how soft and wet it is right now.

FOD mud isn’t thick though, it clears pretty well, so as long as you’ve got edge bite on your tyres that’s the main concern.

alzore
    Free Member

Thanks mboy..

Does anyone know where i can purchase a Swamp Thing today in the Berkshire or Oxford area.? Need to be able to purchase it over the counter as need it for tomorrow 😐

Thanks

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    therag
    Free Member

There is a bike shop on site, might be worth ringing to see what they got in stock
    I’m thinking of taking a day off work tomorrow and spending the day at fod or cwmcarn, last ride before the alps trip next week.

chakaping
    Free Member

I was riding there Monday. HR rear and Minion DHF front was fine, it was very slippy but not much deep mud.

Just be prepared to get very dirty, very quickly and don’t forget your front mudguard!

xterramac
    Free Member

is anyone doing the mini DH race there on sunday, i saw that they are using a NEW course???????????????

alzore
    Free Member

Maybe see you there “therag”

Just nipped out while the boss was not looking and picked up a set of Muddy Marys 8)

thefod
    Free Member

Track is ‘Endo’
    Rode it last night, track is slick but in good shape with new start, great fun and table top finish.
    you can still enter / on the day too.

DTV Race 2

Cheers
    Ant.
    thefod.co.uk

dhtovey
    Free Member

im racing this sunday i was just wondering wat track we are racing and wa the track is like ?? 😕

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘FOD downhill conditions’ is closed to new replies.