Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • FOD, Dowies area PSA
  • v666ern
    Free Member

Just thought id post up here, it looks like tree harvesting is taking place in the area and from what i can gather Dowies 1/2/3 are all going.

https://twitter.com/FoDmtb/status/531746961565966338/photo/1

19 hours ago
    So harvesting has started in Ellwood inclosure. Chizzy’s track gone topside and they are working there way across to Dowies 3 & 1. S rideable today but doubtful by end of week. Murdocks trail ok and Blubell side.

Hope FODmtb doesnt mind me posting, just maybe best to avoid the area til its cleared then speak to the local builders and see how we can help rebuild

wilko1999
    Free Member

Most of the Shutcastle trails gone as well as far as I know

v666ern
    Free Member

🙁

I thoroughly enjoyed riding the shutcastle / sams stuff this summer, bout time i pulled my finger out though and helped on some dig days.

Im presuming it’ll be the PABA group that does the digging out there, i know Doey did a lot himself – just want to help out i spose

jimster01

Nooo!!!!!

Although, it’s bound to be getting pretty swampy around there I’d imagine.

CheesybeanZ

Thanks for the heads up .was going over that way tomorrow .

franki
    Free Member

Lame. 😥

v666ern
    Free Member

So Ellwood enclose trails remain another day, yepee #lovewhereilive pic.twitter.com/65rE6NqdkV

from FODmtb

dobiejessmo
    Free Member

What about the newish Dowies which I call 4?.The trails are gone by little Drybrook?.Only found them this year.Suddenly you go from loads of trails over there to not a lot.Trees are for felling I suppose its a working forest at the end of the day.Maybe when they have finished we can make even more WAY HAY.What about the poor Goshawks next year 😉

fodmtb
    Free Member

Dowies trails remain , shutcastle trails mainly back up and running

wilko1999
    Free Member

Good news fodmtb, thanks for the update

dobiejessmo
    Free Member

Cheers.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘FOD, Dowies area PSA’ is closed to new replies.