Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Fod dh conditions
  • singletrackhor
    Free Member

Anyone ridden Fod yesterday or recently?

Thinking of heading to Fod tomorrow, its a long trip so was wondering what conditions the trails are in. Specifically the dh trails as want to do the uplift.

Any info much appreciated. 🙂

jim25

There is a race on there today, so unless your booked on for that I’d give it a miss really

Rickos
    Free Member

Yeah, but not tomorrow as the OP is asking about.

Conditions are pretty good at the moment. Not had much rain lately so the ground is soft but quite grippy. The race today is using Ski Run, so I’d imagine that will be a bit drier after today.

singletrackhor
    Free Member

its for tomorrow, Jim.

fodmtb site is giving all trails as wet and its a long trip.

thanks for the info 🙂

mikey74
    Free Member

I was there last weekend and although the trails were wet, they were still pretty grippy. The water was mainly in the form of puddles rather than really boggy trails so you will get wet, but it will still be fun.

Don’t let the “wet” description put you off.

PS: I did the uplift so I was riding the DH tracks. I can’t comment on the xc stuff if anyone is interested in those.

mattsccm
    Free Member

Dry. It hasn’t rained here for a while.
    Having said that the downhills don’t get wet anyway, they slope.

singletrackhor
    Free Member

thanks 🙂

dobiejessmo
    Free Member

Went down there yesterday amazingly dry.Hardy a speck of mud on bike could not believe how good the trails were runing.25 miles away in the Cotswolds much muddyer.3 weeks ago down there it was a mud bath.Enjoy.

Rickos
    Free Member

Less than an hour ago on Twitter, a local magazine writer said:

Quality of dirt on the trails today was indescribably good.

Sounds like a good trip to be had and well worth the travel. Enjoy your Monday!

singletrackhor
    Free Member

amazing conditions 😀

dh trails and verders descent all totally dry and running real fast.

if the person who we were chatting to at the end is reading this, flyup know where your front wheel is 😉 🙂

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Fod dh conditions’ is closed to new replies.