Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • FOD Conditions
  • lbjones
    Free Member

Hi all intredpid FOD riders.

Im doing the Enduro1 on sun and was wondering what the conditions are like at the mo and what they are likely to be like Sun (Forecast is for showers all day). Is the ground holidg up ok to the recent rain or is it turnign to a mudbath?

Any advice appreciated.

trusty

Pba page says wet, wet, wet

getonyourbike
    Free Member

From the weather recently and the forecast up to and in the race I’ve already stuck some grippy tyres on. I’m rocking a Maxxis HR2 2.4 3C on the front and an Ardent 2.25 on the rear, but I may change the rear to a Minion depending on the responses in this thread.

dobiejessmo
    Free Member

Sunday was super dry down there.Tuesday was fine even though it had rained a fair bit in the night.Few showers today but think it wont be to bad.Some closer locals will be on soon i expect 😉

psling
    Free Member

Had a good ride out last night and found very little mud. Most of the area drains well. Don’t know which trails they’re using for the event but expect roots and, if it’s wet on the day, slippery roots 8)

fodmtbguides
    Free Member

Yesterday was mainly dry with a few puddles about , pretty quick drying but will depend on how much rain we get between now and then

Have fun out there

lbjones
    Free Member

Hmmm, thanks guys. Sounds like the Chunky Monkey is the way to go. Im getting used to wet roots now (ish), so as long as its not proper mud it should be ok.

p7rich
    Free Member

Thanks for the info. Can’t wait to get out there on Sun. 😆

kimbers

im excited too

dont forget no eyewear no ride!

getonyourbike
    Free Member

Goggles with a couple of tear offs or glasses, that is the question.

psling
    Free Member

Well, it’s been chucking it down here for the past couple of hours…

mattsccm
    Free Member

It was slashing down just now but its now sunny out of my south facing bedroom window. dunno about north facing as I am still in bed.tomorrow may well be the same.
    Conditions are fine, indeed very nice.

PLEASE do not take tear offs. They are litter and an eyesore and sadly don’t get picked up.

lbjones
    Free Member

Matt, Im with you on the tearoffs, really pisses me off when people just dump them on the ground. Im using goggles with tearoffs but all I do is at the start of a stage, take a tearoff off and stick it in pocket/backpack, simples…

Couldnt believe it when I did the Mini Enduro at Eastridge and kept finding dumped tearoffs at the start to stages. Its at the start FFS, just put them in a pocket when you tear them off. Came back with about 15 of other peoples discarded tearoffs in my pockets (defo cost me a few seconds in extra weight…..)

getonyourbike
    Free Member

lbjones – Member
    Matt, Im with you on the tearoffs, really pisses me off when people just dump them on the ground. Im using goggles with tearoffs but all I do is at the start of a stage, take a tearoff off and stick it in pocket/backpack, simples…

Couldnt believe it when I did the Mini Enduro at Eastridge and kept finding dumped tearoffs at the start to stages. Its at the start FFS, just put them in a pocket when you tear them off. Came back with about 15 of other peoples discarded tearoffs in my pockets (defo cost me a few seconds in extra weight…..)That’s exactly what I do. I use tear offs but just take one off before the stage and put it in my pocket. However, I’m running a Rockguardz mudguard over the front wheel so the goggles and tear offs are just in case.

bedfordrd

Any update on the conditions? Aunty Beeb seems to be changing her mind every hour as to what the weather will do tomorrow!

Not that it’ll change my tyre choice…

psling
    Free Member

Aunty Beeb seems to be changing her mind every hour…

…and so does mother nature!

It is currently a very pleasant evening, high white cloud and sunshine. We’ve had a few downpours today after a wet night last night; my guess is that the trails will be greasy tomorrow but not quagmire-like mud. Enjoy 8)

bedfordrd

Thank you psling 🙂 It would be nice to have a relatively mud-free experience for a change (although the downside is that the ‘downs’ will be faster! 😀 )

getonyourbike
    Free Member

if that’s what the conditions are expected to be like then I’m happy with my tyre choice. 🙂

The weather’s meant to be decent from the look of the BBC forecast for Monmouth. 🙂

lbjones
    Free Member

BBC weather forecast looks cloudy but no rain which is a vast improvement to the forecast earlier in the week!

Im happy with greasy but no quagmire, certainly sounds better than the first round.

Getting excited now…!!!…!!.!!…! 😀

psling
    Free Member

Doesn’t appear to have been any rain in the night. At the moment it is cloudy but not raining 🙂

mattsccm
    Free Member

Monmouth!!!!
    That’s in ****** Wales. How dare you!

bigblackshed

Mattsccm.

You’re only jealous that the nearest civilisation requires you to have inoculations and a passport.

😉 😉 😉

Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)

The topic ‘FOD Conditions’ is closed to new replies.