Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • FoD conditions
  • prezet
    Free Member

Whats the conditions like up at FoD at the minute? Off to visit friends this weekend and debating on whether to take the bike or the kayak…

Milkie
    Free Member

Not sure which ones, but some roads are closed.

fodmtbguides
    Free Member

Wet,slippery – the normal for this year !

It’s been raining since the early hours.

prezet
    Free Member

Hmm that doesn’t sound good.

widge34
    Free Member

The road at the bottom of Lydbrook is closed.Raining heavy here at the moment.

fodmtbguides
    Free Member

Maybe ok by the weekend , will still be muddy though, which isn’t a problem- there’s showers at Peddleabikeaway

aracer
    Free Member

Off to visit friends this weekend and debating on whether to take the bike or the kayak…

If I was you I’d take the kayak for the trails.

zangolin
    Free Member

Take one of these.

singlecrack
    Free Member

Thinking of going Boxing day …..how are the man made trails ??

trusty

Freeminers (old FODCA) holds up well. Verderers will be wet, there’s one traverse which is really muddy at the mo but the rest is fine.

psling
    Free Member

It is pretty mucky out there at the moment although I can actually see a bit of blue sk… No, it’s gone!

Rode yesterday mostly on fire roads plus a few quieter trails, up to the axles in mud in places and got well splattered. Stopped by at the Kona Cafe (one of the best mugs of coffee in the area) and bumped into the local Club junior ride who were also well splattered in mud.

The good thing about FoD is that the mud is wet and not clingy. Having said that, before the area became a “destination” it never used to get messed up like it does now.

Milkie
    Free Member

One of these:

Be prepared for this:

Not my bike!

widge34
    Free Member

Trusty. That traverse is seriously muddy isn’t it. Rode it the other day. Like riding with the brakes on. Happy Christmas, and Peter. Have a good one.

psling
    Free Member

Cheers Widge, see you in New Year.

aracer
    Free Member

Having said that, before the area became a “destination” it never used to get messed up like it does now.

When exactly did it become a “destination”? I remember it getting pretty horrible in the wet when I first rode there almost 20 years ago, way before any of the built trails.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘FoD conditions’ is closed to new replies.