Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • FoD Conditions?
  • jimster
    Free Member

Yep, time for the weekly Forest of Dean trail conditions question.

I know rain’s forecast for today, is this going turn them into Somme like conditions or just lay the dust?

Thanks in advance.

wilko1999
    Free Member

I don’t think it’ll get that bad. Sunday conditions were great on back-country stuff, and it would have dried up more since then. Rain this aftie/eve will prob just make it greasy, but it isn’t going to turn into a bog overnight I doubt. When/where are you going?

jimster
    Free Member

We’re down on Saturday, Pedal-a-bikeaway.

Looking to do Verderers, pick up the Leat down to Parkend, Dowies for a looksie

wilko1999
    Free Member

Mate by then conditions are gonna be superb, I’d start getting excited now if I were you!

fuzzhead
    Free Member

teensy bit of rain today then dry weds/thurs followed by scorchio Fri & Sat – you’re gonna have a great time 🙂

jimster
    Free Member

Mate by then conditions are gonna be superb, I’d start getting excited now if I were you!

I am. 😀 😀

fodmtb
    Free Member

Just been out, nice and dry 🙂

jimster
    Free Member

Really getting excited now, was there much rain down there yesterday?

The deluge the Beeb were forecasting up here was a light shower in the early hours of the morning.

fodmtb
    Free Member

just a little bit of drizzle, dry & warm forecast expected for rest of week, = fast :mrgreen:

Milkie
    Free Member

Thats it, everyone go Saturday, so it’s nice and quiet on the Sunday for me!!! 😀

Bushwacked
    Free Member

Was DHing (and did the Blue Descent) up there on Monday and the conditions were near to perfect, a little rain won’t change much.

fodmtbguides
    Free Member

Dry out , trails dry though a few muddy patches in the usual areas, forecast looking good for the weekend

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘FoD Conditions?’ is closed to new replies.