Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • FoD Campsite Motorhome Friendly
  • ade9933
    Free Member

Hey – Anyone know of any campsites near the FoD Trails where we can camp / stay in a motorhome please?

Ideally riding distance to the trails.

Unless we can easily park at the TC with a big motorhome. Not been before so some tips would be great. Will be visiting with family.

Ta.

mattbee

Bracelands is sort of within riding distance but you’ll be climbing back at the end of your ride. Some rather good ‘less than legal’ stuff out the back of it towards Symonds Yat too….

ade9933
    Free Member

thanks – will take a look.

Do you know if the car park has height restrictions? Could I get in there with a high van?

lankystreakofpee

Whitemead is in a good spot for the trails. A gentle pootle along part of the family trail and you are at the start of the fun stuff.

It used to be a csma site with lodges and camping for caravans and motorhomes, but I think it has changed hands since I last stayed there. Nice pool and sauna etc too if you like that sort of thing.

ade9933
    Free Member

Thanks – will take a look. Rushmere Farm appears to be pretty close by too. It’s only for a couple of night. Bit of a test to see if we want to rent a motorhome for longer breaks.

takisawa2

CSMA is called Boundless now, and Whitemead is great.
    Book the kids into an activity.
    Easy, & very pleasant, roll through the woods to the Trail Centre.
    Back for a sauna, jacuzzi, & chill out in the bar.
    Love it there. Have to book early though. Has to be booked by calling, number should be on boundless.co.uk

ade9933
    Free Member

Thanks – not liking their web site. I think we are more ‘field & shower’ types 🙂 I’ll persist and give the site a few more minutes though.

ade9933
    Free Member

phew the website is http://www.boundlessbreaks.co.uk/ much better that boundless.co.uk !!

peanutcracknell
    Free Member

Depending on your knowledge of the trails both whitemead and bracelands are ideal with loads of trails right next door. Whitemead is probably the easiest/best in terms of location as dowies/shutcastle/countless other off piste trails are just minutes away, with lots of trails finishing just a minute or two ride away from the campsite entrance. Bracelands is only about 10 mins ride from the top of sallow vallets (The area by pedalabikeaway with the offical/busy/worn out/strava straight-lined trails.)

peanutcracknell
    Free Member

If it’s field and showers you’re after this is a good spot: http://beechesfarmcampsite.co.uk/
    It depends when you want to go as I think they close over winter still but it’s a lovely spot about 25 mins drive from pedalabikeaway.

ade9933
    Free Member

Thanks guys… just seen these last 2 posts. All good info. Much appreciated.

A

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘FoD Campsite Motorhome Friendly’ is closed to new replies.