Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • FoD – 2012 Enduro route
  • mikeys

Thinking of heading up to the Forest of Dean and wanted to try something a bit different from what I normally do. On the trail map I’ve got from Pedal a Bike Away is a dashed route marked up as Enduro 2012 (not way marked). Now I find myself permanently lost in that Forest unless I’m following the way markers and sometimes even when I am, but does anyone know this route and could give me some confidence it is still there and reasonably followable and worth a try?
    Mikey

dickyhepburn
    Free Member

Think I know the route you mean, tried that last summer and lots of it missing due to logging activity. Then again if it’s not that route…

wilko1999
    Free Member

The enduro loop is really good and I’m pretty sure it’s all still there. They do a race round that loop every year. Have you got a device for following gpx files? I can send you the gpx. If not the trail map should get you round okay

mikeys

Thanks for the responses and thanks for the offer of the route but I’m not technically advanced enough for gpx files (that might have to be another post!). I might have a nosy around and go look for it and see what I can find.

Cheers.

russyh
    Free Member

Mikeys, I have a gpx route also which actually links in to the red route finishing on a different descent in fact it’s a bit of the old enduro route and several other bits. It’s a lovely ride, I am happy to share alternatively you are welcome to view the route on my strava as I rode it tonight (and Sunday)

mboy
    Free Member

The Enduro route isn’t completely doable any longer, some of it has been combined with the red Freeminers route, part of it runs the wrong way now too.

mikeys

Thanks for the tips. Ended up just doing the Verderers as I could only fit in a quick dash today, but will have a look at sorting out a device for gpx routes next time and might give you a shout for your kind offers. Cheers.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘FoD – 2012 Enduro route’ is closed to new replies.