Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Focus SAM – anyone got one? Opinions?
  • groundskeeperwilly
    Free Member

I really like the look of the Focus SAM bikes and just wondered if there were any owners on here or if anyone had ridden one?

I saw that STW had one in for fresh goods – did it ever make it to the mag for review?

groundskeeperwilly
    Free Member

Just flicked through some back issues of the mag and don’t see a feature so a wee bump to see if anyone has any feedback on it?

downhilldave

Hi Will, how’s things? There’s a good review here ➡ http://enduro-mtb.com/en/long-term-test-focus-sam1-first-review/ Don’t know if you have seen it.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    boxxer7
    Free Member

Has anyone ever seen a bad review by Enduro Mag? They always seem to be positive reviews IMO

Sam is a good looking bike on paper, was looking at one myself but couldn’t find out a lot about it

raisinhat
    Free Member

Dirt reviewed it in issue 150, and said that the frame’s geometry and damping is good, but that the reynolds carbon wheels didn’t hold the tyres well and were too flexible. They also said the frame had too much swingarm flex and that the tyre hit the frame a few times. Their verdict was quite good, but replace the carbon wheels with something else.

nodrog2
    Free Member

Not liking the Zesty Will?

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

The “Factory” spec ones make me go all gooey….

groundskeeperwilly
    Free Member

Hey Dave – all good cheers! You? Yes I’ve seen that enduro mag review and kept an eye on their long term comments etc.

Thanks raisinhat!

nodrog2 – you know me, just having a look around. Nothing at all wrong with the Zesty – it’s great! Just seen a potential deal and in fact I think you predicted this very thing….

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Focus SAM – anyone got one? Opinions?’ is closed to new replies.