Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Focus Mares CX bike, any good?
  • deep_river
    Free Member

I am considering getting one.

Anyone know if they are any good? The other one im cosidering is the fuji cross comp. Its a bit more, but is it worth the extra?

oldgit
    Free Member

Never seen them in the flesh, those are the Wiggle ones aren't they?
    TBH I don't think there's a bad cx bike out there. The subtle differences aren't as noticeable as those on road bikes, especially once it's covered in cack.
    I'd just get the best VFM. IIRC you're not after an out and out racer are you?

deep_river
    Free Member

Im looking at getting a cheapish CX bike which I can stick some good quality road wheels on if the need arises. But mainly Im looking for an alternative to my mtb, to use in my local woods etc. Ive always liked the idea of CX.

I can get a Focus Mares for 550 quid, so am wondering if its worth spending the 300 more to get a fuji, or a kona jake etc?

Edric64
    Free Member

Look for low gearing many crossers are geared far to high for offroad use and set up more for commuting or touring. One of the Konas has a triple (The Jake)and that may be better for real offroad or cross races like the 3 peaks

cyclistm
    Free Member

yeah, they are very good. mate bought one couple years ago and it has been faultless and a real bargain. Keep trying to buy it off him, but he's not budging.

oldgit
    Free Member

Good shout Edric, a compact will do though.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Focus Mares CX bike, any good?’ is closed to new replies.