Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Focus estate owners- roofbar question
  • Northwind

Think there’s a few Focus owners on here… Just wondering if I’m losing it really! I’ve got a 2002-plate diesel estate, just got some roofbars for it and discovered that only the front one fits- the factory fitted roofrails get narrower towards the back of the car, they’re 34 inches apart at the front and 32 inches apart at the back. It all looks straight and correct, just seems odd, I’d assumed they’d be parallel… Is this normal?

The bars Ive got are supposed to be the right kit for this car… But I’m suspecting that either mine are somehow wrong, or whoever specced the kit only measured the front. 😕

Inbred456
    Free Member

Yes they are different widths, they taper down toward the back. The bars should be adjustable so you can place them where you want. There is a guide with the Ford ones that I got when I bought them which gives you the correct placement for them, for the best weight distribution. The genuine Ford bars are a lot cheaper than Thule ones. I think I paid 65 quid plus vat from my local dealer.

Northwind

These bars are adjustable, but they’re both the same width and only adjustable enough to fit at the front 🙄 So I guess I’m right, seller’s measured a car but only at the front not at both ends. Ah well, back they go

Cheers!

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

The topic ‘Focus estate owners- roofbar question’ is closed to new replies.