• This topic has 22 replies, 20 voices, and was last updated 10 years ago by DT78.
Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)
  • Foam Rollers
  • butcher

A big foam rolling pin. It can’t be that complicated surely. Should I just buy the cheapest. Or do you get what you pay for?

simondbarnes

I got a cheap one, seems to do the job.

white91
    Free Member

myprotein do a decent one

legend
    Free Member

2 litre fizzy juice bottle. Drink all the Irn-Bru* from it, fill with water, job done.

*assuming Scotland

d45yth
    Free Member

The cheap one’s go soft or start to disintegrate. The high-density foam one’s last a lot longer.

singlespeeddan
    Free Member

Sports direct do one for a bout a fiver. Money well spent i reckon

Earl
    Free Member

for my IT band i use a 2lt plastic coke bottle ….

butcher

Sports direct do one for a bout a fiver. Money well spent i reckon

Since there’s a Sports Direct round the corner from work I might check that out. Can’t go wrong for a fiver!

tenacious_doug
    Free Member

Cheap Decathlon one is getting noticeably deformed after 3 months use. No idea how long it will last compared to a pricey one though.

TiRed

By contrast, my Triggerpoint looks like new and was used a lot for the first six months. Now it;s just for a recovery massage. It is a great piece of kit.

mcnultycop

Ged the widest one you can. A great buy, I’ve just had a post squats session on mine and I know because of that I’ll feel better tomorrow.

tony24
    Free Member

Argos do 1 for £10

fenred
    Free Member

FIT66 eBay, £20ish when I bought mine a couple of years ago. Drinks bottles nowhere near hard enough for my ITB.

andybanks
    Free Member

A good guide for when you’ve got one – cycling specific

http://www.bicycling.com/training-nutrition/injury-prevention/roll-out-kinks

DanW
    Free Member

A water bottle just isn’t firm enough to do the job and cheap foam doesn’t last as others have said.

I use a 45cm foam roller from PhysioSupplies- well worth the extra few pennies.

hmanchester
    Free Member

Cheap ones do go soft very quickly and there is definitely an upper limit on technology in a foam roller.

As suggested above, one of the Fit 66 ones from ebay/amazon are a good compromise.

Or if you’re feeling evil a Rumble Roller

wellywheels
    Free Member

i use this, tad expensive thou £40 ish.

only got this one over the others as it’s hollow, so when i was racing world cups last year and had to travel on the plane with it, i could stuff it full of kit. so it wouldn’t take up to much room in the kit bag.

SkillWill
    Free Member

Just happened to click buy on one of those ^ on Amazon about 2 mins ago, so glad to hear they are good. You can get the orange one for £32 with free delivery at the moment.

wellywheels
    Free Member

I’ve had it for over a year now, and the foam is still just as good as when i bought it.

MaryHinge
    Free Member

I made mine!

Had some 5″ underground soil pipe left over from a job, cut it to about 24″ long. Wrapped in a single layer of foam sleeping mat fastened with a bit of gaffer tape.

Works perfectly. Was hard when I first started, but it really works as I can do 4 or 5 times more “rolls” now than I could 6 months ago.

Euro
    Free Member

I just used an old rug rolled into a tube.

SkillWill
    Free Member

I just used some old seagull beaks wrapped in crepe paper.

DT78
    Free Member

That rumble roller does look evil.

Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)

The topic ‘Foam Rollers’ is closed to new replies.