• This topic has 13 replies, 11 voices, and was last updated 6 years ago by mart.
Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Foam grip advice please.
  • mart
    Free Member

I’m after an easy to fit and remove foam grip. I would like to ride without gloves sometimes and when I dont (when this weather breaks) I’ll put gloves and “normal” grips on. The Sram ones look good? Any others I should look at? Thanks.

mart
    Free Member

Thanks!

Kryton57

Those kcnc ridges on the hexagon shape dig in.

Go for ESI chunky instead, same website

HoratioHufnagel
    Free Member

i use these which are great apart from being difficult to remove once on, but then they only cost 2.99
    https://www.decathlon.co.uk/foam-bike-grips-130mm-id_5586664.html

sofaboy73
    Free Member

ESI chunkys are my usual go to foam grip, great with gloves but I find them a bit slippy with sweaty bare hands. Also not the easiest to pop on and off if you’re going to be swapping regularly

njee20
    Free Member

ESI aren’t foam, they’re silicon, they’re far squishier and grippier than foam. I used to used Bontrager XXX Lites, which are good, but lethal in the wet (or sweat) without gloves. Wouldn’t go back from ESI now.

mart
    Free Member

Thank you all.

ndthornton
    Free Member

I use these link

They are hard to get on and off – but if you dont want them to rotate they need to be a tight fit.

I found a great way to do it though – compressed air is the worlds best lubricant.
    Do you have a ghetto tubeless infiltrator….lemonade bottle/fire extinguisher etc?

1, Get the grip on the bar about an inch
    2, push the end of the air hose between the grip and the bar
    3, Put the palm of your hand against the end of the grip, ready to push it onto the bar.
    4, Release the compressed air and slide the grip on effortlessly

To remove the grip do the same thing but move your hand out of the way….and watch it fire across the garage when it comes off 🙂

Great fun 😀

cjr61

HoratioHufnagel – Member
    i use these which are great apart from being difficult to remove once on, but then they only cost 2.99
    https://www.decathlon.co.uk/foam-bike-grips-130mm-id_5586664.html

+1 for these

davosaurusrex

I used ESI chunky until I got mud on them one filthy day at BPW. They were lethal, hands spinning on the grips with or without gloves and couldn’t get enough of the mud off to stop it. Nearly fell off the back of the bike a few times. I don’t use them any more……

lovewookie

I always found the ESI great when not sweaty or wet, but get them saturated and they’re slip slidey.

normal foam grips are a little better, the best I’ve used are bontrager Race x-lite, the ridged ones.

Though I’m currently using some sticky bontrager race lite plus normal grips.

n0b0dy0ftheg0at
    Free Member

I paid ~£5 for a pair of http://www.planetx.co.uk/i/q/BTOOFLOG/on-one-half-bob-lock-on-foam-grips around Xmas, fitted them a month or so back, find them great with or without mitts.

Don’t know if they’ve been in the current “Alphabet Sale” or not.

mart
    Free Member

Cheers all.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘Foam grip advice please.’ is closed to new replies.