Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • FNSS 2015
  • heavy_rat
    Free Member

Borough Hill tomorrow.

Anyone entered? Never ridden there before, whats it like?

everyone
    Free Member

Entries are all on the day this year but I should be there. Hoping it’s not too moist!

heavy_rat
    Free Member

Does Borough Hill take rain well?

everyone
    Free Member

No idea, I’ve never raced there. I’d just prefer to not race in mud/rain etc!

everyone
    Free Member

How did you get on with this today? I quite enjoyed the course actually and felt like I had a reasonable race.

I did manage to stack it trying to overtake a U23 rider at the final corner though. Everyone saw.

Pride is in pieces now.

heavy_rat
    Free Member

Did OK, just missed out on top ten. Was more like a road race in parts. Little pelotons and attacks. Course was OK actually. The single track wooded section dried out quite nicely. Was good fun

everyone
    Free Member

Yea I ended up 16th senior so I was reasonably happy with that. I really enjoyed the quick blast through the woods in the 2nd half of the lap. I got properly smashed by a group of 3 gnarly old dudes coming down the hill into there, they had some serious pace!

It was definitely all about drafting in the open areas, the wind was brutal on the front.

Turnerfan1
    Free Member

Yeah,
    Was good fun!
    Managed 13th in vets.
    Not as muddy as I thought it was gonna be!
    Anyone riding in vets on the Kinesis Sync on this forum?
    Thanks,
    Max

heavy_rat
    Free Member

Round 3 tomorrow. Delapre near Northampton.

Anyone in?

Mister-P
    Free Member

Bugger, I am off to London tomorrow night so can’t make this. It’s only a few minutes ride from my house.

schmiken

I’ll be there. Enjoyed Mallory last week and got 9th, so let’s see how I do without racing the night before!

everyone
    Free Member

Not sure yet. Been struck with a lurgy since Monday. If I can make it through most of today and all of tomorrow without having a coughing fit I’ll give it a bash.

Remember to shout loads of “motivation” at anyone you see in purple Loughborough students kit!

Turnerfan1
    Free Member

Yeah,
    I am in for Delepre.
    Great course.
    A few technical bits in the woods.
    Was pretty moist last year and mite be this year judging by the weather we have had!
    Thanks ,
    Max

bombjack
    Free Member

Anyone racing the round at MK this week? I’m tempted as I’ve been promising to give an XC race another go for well over a year.
    Anyone race it last year and remember the course?

heavy_rat
    Free Member

I’m hoping to be there. Only live 5 mins ride away so it’d be rude not to. Just hope rain tomorrow isn’t too heavy as MK bowl is pretty miserable when wet

oldgit
    Free Member

Should be there. Hanging on wishing I still had a half decent mountain bike.
    I was racing the road circuit there this Tuesday and had a peek, all the off camber in the woods was very dry.
    Only got worn semi slicks so hoping it doesn’t get too bad.
    Really only doing it as it’s local, can’t get to any of the others on time.

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘FNSS 2015’ is closed to new replies.