Viewing 40 posts - 121 through 160 (of 181 total)
  • FlyUP 417 project
  • v666ern
    Free Member

Will be interesting on my Fat bike as I’ve sold off my trail/enduro bike in the last month…

your going to have to be going some to clear the gap shown at the end of the video…

https://www.facebook.com/FlyupDH/?fref=photo

Trimix
    Free Member

Lets hope its stopped raining by March then. I love the Cotswolds, but its pant when wet. Unless of course they surface the trails with something other than Cotswold clay 🙂

dobiejessmo
    Free Member

Your not wrong there it is very very muddy around here at present passing by on the road does look like the tracks have been covered with some sort of sand/gravel not MUD.

v666ern
    Free Member

Leisure Lakes Bikes at Flyup 417…

Trimix
    Free Member

Good place to do Demos 🙂

If you were to open a LBS Ive often thought a trail ctr would be best.

rOcKeTdOg

See swinnos at cannock

v666ern
    Free Member

See swinnos at cannock

aside from the £1k deposit needed 😯

dobiejessmo
    Free Member

Suppose that makes sense they are only a few miles away in Cheltenham maybe they should move the whole shop be cheaper rates and you would be able to park easy.

v666ern
    Free Member

ITS OPEN!
    If your a start up buyer – where’s the pictures people!

Strava is saying circa 2m 15s descents for KOM

Booked in for the 21st – cant wait 😀

wilko1999
    Free Member

Saw a vid on facebook of a guy crashing on the black. Looks like some pretty big gaps with no chicken options. Can’t wait to get up there, especially with that new indoor Claudio pump track, gonna pack my BMX as well as the Spitfire!

lungman

Had my preview day on sat. Simon admitted not where he would like it as a preview but all 3 tracks open. Need some bedding in especially the blue as it seem to ride slow. The black was understandably muddy and tricky to hit the large jumps as slow but looks fun, the blue is flowy and will make you earn you sped as the burms require you to to work them, the red is for me the highlight fast, technical and lots of fun whilst keeping you on your toes. To me seems good grading. The pump track is amazing and well worth a play. Once the dual slalom is in well worth a days trip. And the food was great

v666ern
    Free Member

Is the shop/cafe etc open to the public yet? Good write up LM

Wilko, i checked out the vid thanks i assume aside from the road gap you can just shimmy down it?

lungman

Cafe open and does good coffee and fresh food and shop going in soon in the mezzanine floor over the pump track

v666ern
    Free Member

Cafe open and does good coffee and fresh food and shop going in soon in the mezzanine floor over the pump track

ah, sadly it was open to you lucky priority lot 😥

Went up yesterday lunchtime with the intention of getting some lunch, met simon (?) and its closed until the grand opening. All looking very good though, it was horrible weather yesterday and they were hard at it still

v666ern
    Free Member

Just checked the website opens Monday

DUE TO OPEN 14th MARCH 2016!!

dobiejessmo
    Free Member

Hopefully the tracks have dried out a bit by then hammered down with rain most of Tuesday night and Wednesday here.

Speeder

Well it was the 1st day today and it was pretty good. Trails are challenging on a few levels and the uplift is FlyUp’s customary efficient self.

There’s a nice cafe and the facilities will be amazing when it’s all finished.
    Really looking forward to spending a bit of time over there doing evening uplifts and pump track sessions this summer.

Congratulations to Simon and the team, I can’t imagine how much work all that took and it’s quite an accomplishment. Oh and thanks for laying on such great weather. 😀

oldtalent
    Free Member

Is it worth it at present thought? I assume it’s work in progress with only 3 tracks, 1 of them thats probably above my skill level. I can’t say the indoor jump or pump track hold much interest to me.
    Just wondering with fod uplift and bpw fairly close by if it’s worth a visit.

Speeder

I really can’t judge that for you. If you’re after variety you’re better off going to the FOD (I can’t comment on BPW as I haven’t been). This has a completely different feel to most UK riding spots I’ve ridden as it’s almost always out in the open and it’s very reminiscent of stuff in Morzine or Les Arcs.

I’m not particularly fast and don’t do big gaps so most of the jumps were beyond me today at least but even so I did all 3 tracks and enjoyed aspects of all.

It’s worth a punt certainly, even if it’s just because it’s new.

dobiejessmo
    Free Member

I live in Cheltenham it just depends what you get from your riding if you want to do the same trails all day then its fine I like riding all over the place also some people have yet got into the frame of mind where you pay for cyclimg.When you past on the road you can see how much effort has gone into it.Might take the remedy up there one day.

chris_jh

Anyone know if the 4x course is open yet? Was planning a vist next week but
    not sure if i should hang fire now… cheers

v666ern
    Free Member

http://www.flyupdownhill.co.uk/bike-hire-2/

[/quote]Process 153 DL –

The dragon slayer of the Process range. No expense spared. Fitted with top-drawer components such as Rockshox Pike RCT3 forks, Sram XO1 drivetrain, Shimano XT brakes, Maxxis tyres, WTB wheels, all make the Process 153 DL the ultimate trail – Enduro and all mountain ripper.

Ooof an excuse to try out a new bike – im in! 😀

Speeder

Don’t think the 4x tracks are open yet as the area is taking some time to dry out after the somewhat damp winter.

You’ll also need to book before you go as they’re not yet ready for people to just turn up and ride. They’re pretty full up for the next few weeks which is encouraging and frustrating at the same time.

davesmate
    Free Member

Went down there for a bit of a look-see yesterday. Read all about it here

wilko1999
    Free Member

Good write up davesmate.

davesmate
    Free Member

Thanks! 🙂

v666ern
    Free Member

So did my visit yesterday, i think its fair to say if your expecting BPW you’ll be disappointed. If you go there knowing its just 3 tracks then you’ll be impressed, as i was.
    In terms of the operation it was slick and professional. Everyone was really friendly. As for the tracks, i am a below average biker so slowly built up to the red and black. IMO the red is scarier than the black! The red has lots of big rock drops and the first rock garden almost threw me. The black has got some big features, you can miss them as the tyre tracks on the grass of the gaps proved. For the local riders, its best likened to the runs at Leckhampton.

For reference im a wheels on the ground sort of a rider on a rose uncle jimbo 160mm travel which seemed ideal. <bragging mode> Strava has me as 11th out of 35 on the black <bragging mode> 8)

PS great cafe and bacon sarnies 😀

dobiejessmo
    Free Member

Has anyone been just to check the tracks out?looking at the web-site seems you cant get in there just to have a look I am local just wanted to see what they were like.

v666ern
    Free Member

There was security on site, we got name checked at the bottom of the access road to be allowed on but that was 9-45. The cafe is open so id have thought you’d have been fine to just drop in.
    You can only really see the ends of the blue and the red DH and 4x and slalom from the way up as they run down the ‘cranham’ side of the hill if you get my meaning. Its the features further up the hill which are more fun. If you go along the underside of shab car park and out into the wood towards the george to the very end (looks over witcombe and the reservoirs) then you’ll get the best view as thats where the starts all are.

2 lads were doing the push up and said it wasnt so bad as they just sessioned the top of the hill

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XiVOdIq-UC0
    This vid gives a good idea (not mine) def not me at 1.15 WTF 😯

dobiejessmo
    Free Member

Cheers was looking at the start from the field on from the view point Sunday but you cant see what the track looks like same with going up the A417 just wanted to walk the track and see if its worth paying the tenner and pushing up its private land so they can do as they want might pop up over there and see what they say if I arrive on a cross bike they will know I wont go for a cheeky run 😆

v666ern
    Free Member
    monkeyboyjc

I’ve only got a fat bike at the mo which won’t fit in the uplift trailer – and have an uplift booked for Sunday…
    looks like I could be riding up or I may have to hire a bike however that would mean leaving a passport and credit card with them neither of which I have at the moment (Passport has been sent away for renewal and I don’t have a credit, only debit, card)..

Northwind

I’d give them a ring and a sob story tbh. I’ve blagged hire/loan bikes with all sorts of random ID (left my own bike as a deposit, got mates to sign in for me (the fools!), stuff like that, often there’s ways.

Uplift trailer apartheid though! At BPW they send the 26ers to the back of the bus, Rosa Bikeparks. (*) And no fatties. But I think that’s something that’ll change since b+ won’t fit in most uplift trailers either.

(*yes I have used this joke before. Yes I will use it again, I’m pretty pleased with it tbh)

cokie

I’m going to head up on the weekend if you fancy selling your uplift ticket Monkeyboy?

v666ern
    Free Member

monkeyboyjc

if you cant get an alternative i have a FS you can borrow. Im 6′ and 13stone which may help the decision.

Let me know, you can pick it up on the way through

dobiejessmo
    Free Member

Its not that bad a pushup and with your fattie you could quite happily ride it up there not as steep as the Forest of Dean pushups that’s if you have gears on your fattie 🙂

monkeyboyjc

Thanks for the offers but a quick trip to tge lbs (slam69) this morning and I’m hiring a mondraker foxy 650b+ – always wanted to try one, and if it doesn’t fit the trailer then i’ll swear at them alot as they should really be catering for + size wheels.
    I can always just ride up (I’ve heard that it’s sub 5mins to the top when riding up)
    Slam69 is just around the corner from 417 – and cheaper to hire too!

Speeder

PLus size bikes will fit fine – most of the slots are set up for 27.5, it’s us little wheelers that have to be careful not to get into the wrong slots as a bent rotor could result.*

* The uplift guys know the score but if you do it yourself just be careful.

SOAP
    Free Member

Anyone done a push-up day yet.
    How did it go?
    Can you ride up easy enough?

crashtestmonkey
    Free Member

Rosa Bikeparks yes I have used this joke before. Yes I will use it again, I’m pretty pleased with it tbh

TBF I’d be using all the time. Should fat bikes go tubeless? Rosa bikeparks. Best dropper post? Rosa Bikeparks.

Viewing 40 posts - 121 through 160 (of 181 total)

The topic ‘FlyUP 417 project’ is closed to new replies.