Viewing 40 posts - 81 through 120 (of 181 total)
  • FlyUP 417 project
  • v666ern
    Free Member

Hmmph

http://publicaccess.tewkesbury.gov.uk/online-applications/files/4C8459EB77967081115BEA07EAF02A9A/pdf/15_00226_FUL-COVER_LETTER-454853.pdf

looks like they’ve had to pull the original application and start the process again. At least its a positive and it hasn’t just been shelved

scruff
    Free Member

is that link right? Says no document.

v666ern
    Free Member

sorry id linked to the cover letter try this

http://publicaccess.tewkesbury.gov.uk/online-applications/simpleSearchResults.do?action=firstPage

and the new reference number

15/00226/FUL

stevied
    Free Member

UPDATE FROM FlyUp

Looks like it’s on the way 😀

We’re unbelievably happy to announce that after two years of blood, sweat, and sometimes even tears, the FlyUp 417 Project has finally been given full planning permission – and is all systems go!

Despite being told by the experts that the red tape would be a quick and easy process, it’s dragged on and on, and has been a monumental challenge. Thankfully it’s now fully signed, sealed and delivered with only a few tweaks to the original plans.

neiloxford
    Free Member

where did you get that update?

stevied
    Free Member

Secret, internal, contact 😉

Nah, email update..

neiloxford
    Free Member

That is great news 🙂

v666ern
    Free Member

fantastic!

fervouredimage
    Free Member

Yep…. Great news! Can’t wait.

FLYUP 417 Project Gets The Green Light

stevied
    Free Member

Pic up on Twitter from @FlyUp DH of one of the tracks being ridden.
    https://twitter.com/Flyupdownhill?lang=en-gb

danposs86

Superstar have now got in on the act too

Superstar to sponsor DH tracks at the 417 Project

v666ern
    Free Member

not sure if this has been done

FlyUp 417 Project: Part 1

update from a couple of days ago
    😀

Speeder

FFS just open it! PLEASE!!!! Before winter comes in.
    It’s on my doorstep, well a 10 minute drive. I’ll buy a year pass when it opens if they do such a thing.

dobiejessmo
    Free Member

The run looks good when you cycle across the viewpoint and drive up the A417 never seen anyone on it yet when does it open?

alexh
    Free Member

Any eta on opening.

v666ern
    Free Member

their facebook is hoping for end of the year

stevied
    Free Member

Some

**BIG** 417project news coming NEXT WEEK!!

according to FB 😀

deviant
    Free Member

I hope it opens in October, I have most of the month off and was planning a few uplift days somewhere, this seems as good a place as any!

johnny

PLEEEEAAASE Open for half term week… This could be the perfect answer to my other post about uplift days…!

hopeychondriact
    Free Member

About bloody time.

wonders how much it is to enter and use the tracks without uplift, anyone care to enlighten?

Speeder

Not sure anyone knows pricing yet though there are some of us that did the crowd funding that paid for uplifts @ £35/day iirc (don’t take my word for that as memory s**t)

hopeychondriact
    Free Member

Seems pricey to even crowd fund tbh.

I may sneek in over night and do some cheeky riding 😛

v666ern
    Free Member

^ FOD uplift is

Weekend/Bank Holiday £30 per rider

and run by the same people so ~£35 seems about right.

I may sneek in over night and do some cheeky riding

you know they also live there don’t you 😆

hopeychondriact
    Free Member

Yeap! so may be a bit risky hence my 😛

v666ern
    Free Member

😳
    😆

v666ern
    Free Member

not quite the news we thought it would be…

Time to officially introduce you all to our General Manager of the Flyup 417 Project. We are super excited to have Cara Murray join us and we want to welcome her to the Flyup family. We wish her luck in her new position. ?#?417project? ?#?goodtimesahead?

stevied
    Free Member

Opening March 2016 🙁

Flyup 417 Project update
    So…… We are super excited to announce that we can finally give you the news you have all been waiting for.…The 417 Project will officially be opening its gates for business on 14th March 2016.

We were desperately hoping to open this year – but sadly due to numerous factors this will just not be possible. We know everyone (including us) is eager for the 417 Project to open but thanks to the worst August on record; the rain has hindered the track building massively. We had days where Architrail, even with their best efforts, just couldn’t get the diggers on the hillside. Good old British summer! We want things to be at their best for you all when you come to ride and with the estimated completion date for the tracks now being smack bang in winter; opening in the Spring will give the tracks time to settle ready for you all to enjoy properly!

On top of this we have a few exciting things in the pipeline which will add so much to our facility but have equally added to the timescales – we can’t say much at this stage…. but trust us it will be worth the final wait!!

To end the speculation, frustration and rumours we can now at least finally give you an official opening date and rest assured the booking calendar is going live towards the end of the year.

All customers that pre-purchased their passes and pre-view passes through the Indigogo campaign will be contacted separately to make your booking.

And finally, make sure you keep your eyes peeled for details of our Launch Party!! We will have a limited amount of tickets up for grabs, and you won’t want to miss out – info to follow very soon. Updates will still continue on social media and newsletters.

We want to thank everyone for their continued support and patience, we guarantee that it will all have been worth the wait in the end…. Here’s to the final straight – the end, and beginning is well and truly in sight!!

v666ern
    Free Member

😀 and at the same time 🙁

Speeder

What he said ^ 🙄

v666ern
    Free Member

just got the email, its worded a little confusingly

We are super excited to finally announce our opening date of 14th March 2016!!

As promised as part of your perk you will have priority booking. You have pre-purchased 1 day pass including uplift

We will be open everyday except Tuesdays, Christmas and Boxing Day. The general public will not be able to book until the booking calendar goes live at the end of 2015.

who is booking for xmas 2016!? 😆

dobiejessmo
    Free Member

All looks good best to let the tracks settle down over winter can be a hard winter up there at times.They look good from the viewpoint.

v666ern
    Free Member

Your e-Ticket for FlyUp 417 Project

😀
    😀
    😀
    😀
    😀

rather happy

FLYUP 417 BIKE PARK

dobiejessmo
    Free Member

When you pass going up the A417 the dirt jump spot looks great.

BlobOnAStick

Where is the eticket available? Can’t see it on the site….

BlobOnAStick

Ah! Ok, found those but it would be for me and my lad (who’s 15) and I am not rad enough to ride at a ‘launch party’ 😀

v666ern
    Free Member

The e ticket is for the early crowd funding bit. AFAIK the site isn’t taking general bookings yet

stevied
    Free Member
    monkeyboyjc

I’m booked in for April 3rd…..
    Will be interesting on my Fat bike as I’ve sold off my trail/enduro bike in the last month…

Viewing 40 posts - 81 through 120 (of 181 total)

The topic ‘FlyUP 417 project’ is closed to new replies.