Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 181 total)
  • FlyUP 417 project
  • stevied
    Free Member

This looks very interesting!! 6 x DH, 4X, Dual slalom (with a drag lift), indoor/outdoor pump track…etc 417 project
    Once payday arrives I’ll be backing. Come on people, let’s help get this funded! (I am not affiliated in any way, just very excited about the new facilities they are offering! 😀 )

JEngledow
    Free Member

Same here, especially as it’s less than an hour from my home 😆

stevied
    Free Member

Easier for me than FoD too, 30 mins down the M5..

scruff
    Free Member

Where is it, Si’s based in Stroud isn’t he?

If I remember right the hills have about 150m drop around there?

JEngledow
    Free Member

The website says:

We are just outside Cheltenham in Gloucestershire England. Just off the J11A of the M5 and the A417 from Oxford/London

stevied
    Free Member

Somewhere here: A417 – Cheltenham

chiefgrooveguru

This looks exciting!

funkybaj
    Free Member

Sounds an interesting project.

Looks like it’s located here: http://binged.it/1oRcrft

Which ties in with this: http://www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/property-41593514.html

wilko1999
    Free Member

Good spot funkybaj, that’s gotta be it. Excellent location, surrounded by loads of existing great trails, that entire area is going to be a bit of an MTB feast

v666ern
    Free Member

amazing a mile from home!

stevied
    Free Member

amazing a mile from home!

Best buy yourself “The Golden Ticket” then 😉 Jammy git..

v666ern
    Free Member

That’s gotta be at least 2 or 3 years til its built, what with planning…that should give me enough time to be awesomes!

stevied
    Free Member

Q: When do you hope to be open?

A: We are aiming for Autumn 2014 but will keep people constantly updated via social media sites and our website

kayak23

This is great news. Hope it happens. 😀

wiggles
    Free Member

Might actually have to travel out[/I] of Wales to ride somewhere for a change!

dirtbiker100
    Free Member

Looking at the video, its right on the main hill up to the air balloon roundabout. wonder how it’ll fit in with the new road plans?

v666ern
    Free Member

The access ‘should’ be through little witcombe / bentham (near bentham church) right next to the 417 but not off of it. The new road layout is making the single carriageway into dual from the air balloon at the top of the hill to nettleton bottom back towards cirencester direction, so shouldnt affect it.
    Hate to p00 p00 on people’s hopes but that is an AONB and cotswold escarpment, hence any building etc is gonna be STRICTLY controlled – im sure they’ve already looked at this though.

KonaTC

Less than an hour away, Yipee

and nice views 😉

v666ern
    Free Member

and nice views

Gloucester or Brockworth 😆 😯

Speeder

If they can get planning it will be incredible. It couldn’t be better placed for me and there’s a lot of riders in the area. In fact if it is that farm I’m sure I’ve often daydreamed that it would make a great location for a few tracks while driving up the A417 on my way home from the M5.

I can’t imagine planning should cause too many problems. Everyone knows that farms are having to diversify or die and this sounds like a great idea.

I’m just shocked at the £900k – FlyUp must do ok as even with a good business plan that’s a hell of a lot of cash to invest. ;o)

Very very excited and wish them all the best. Now just got to pledge my support.

G

dbcooper
    Free Member

I’ve paid! I might go back for more after payday, what a brilliant idea.

v666ern
    Free Member

Quick question,

Do flyup hire bikes in Gawton, im pretty sure the FOD one hires through PABA. Just wondering if they’ll hire bikes there…not a problem if not

packer
    Free Member

If they can get planning it will be incredible

Would they need planning consent just to build trails?

Doesn’t look like that are planning to build any new buildings there.

If they are hoping to open in the autumn then they must already have any permissions they need I would have thought.

v666ern
    Free Member

was thinking more on the increase in traffic on a small B road, but im guessing a change in the use from agricultural to ???

alfabus
    Free Member

Can’t believe I’ve only just heard about this… Just down the road, and on one of my standard routes out of town !

I had seen that house for sale and dreamed about buying it to put my own tracks on. It is actually a pretty damn cheap bundle of land (because of the road noise from the A417) with a Grade 2 listed farmhouse on it.

I wonder how much a season ticket will be… guess I’ll punt for one of the £100 options and bag myself a few day tickets.

wiggles
    Free Member

Stumped up for a day pass. Looks like it will be fun little spot and not that far away from me.

mikey74
    Free Member

Looks good. However, it’s still 2.5 hours drive from me.

When, FFS, will someone open something like this is the SE?

nwill1
    Free Member

Just saw it on PB, there’s a little vid…

http://www.pinkbike.com/news/new-uk-bike-park-the-417-project-2014.html

Only an1 hour from me…happy days!!

grahamt1980

Just gone for 2 preview days. Looks awesome and well worth funding

monkeyboyjc

only a 20min ride from my house – however Credit Card payment only!!! I don’t have a credit card…….

fbracing
    Free Member

only 4 miles from my back door! Whhop, whoop! £100 smackers laid down already – and I’m sure more of my money will be going in that direction once the 4 passes are used up! Will be watching the build progress as one of our local routes provides a view down onto the property

monkeyboyjc

Yay, PayPal now accepted!

Alex

Contributed. Looks great. Best of luck to them.

v666ern
    Free Member

Paid,

Never done an uplift, cant wait!

v666ern
    Free Member

thought this deserved a bump, they’ve added more funding options too
    😀

Northwind

Done a wee donate myself, will probably never ride there but it’s still cool as.

v666ern
    Free Member

morning bump – not long now

singlesteed
    Free Member

Wtf is going on with this, last I heard was that they havent even started the DH runs but have heard its still going ahead from a random.

Seeing as I live in close proximity and use to ride down the steps at farm down to Chelters would sure be nice to know one way or another!

To the owners if reading this get on it! And if you need a hand get in touch! As can help out no problem.

v666ern
    Free Member

http://singletrackworld.com/forum/topic/417-uplift

re; planning – its a right PITA that area

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 181 total)

The topic ‘FlyUP 417 project’ is closed to new replies.