Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)
  • Flytipping scum!
  • martinhutch

Tried to grab a ride this morning, even though I was feeling crap and it was drizzling. Was even less happy when I came across this on one of our local lanes…

Old toys, furniture, household waste, cat litter….

However, I cheered up a bit when I found that person living at the address the waste originated from had left cut up credit card, prescription prepayment card and best of all, nursing registration card in one of the bags.

All details now passed to Craven District Council. Let’s see how they get on with prosecuting or at least, scaring the bejasus out of the scumbags.

Am confused now though – surely all nurses are angels who can do no wrong? 🙂

And why drive all the way from West Yorkshire to dump it near Skipton when the bulk of it would be accepted by a tip?

annebr
    Free Member

She/he may have asked a passing gypsy to take their rubbish to the tip?

davidtaylforth
    Free Member

All this thread’s missing is a video of the perps chucking this stuff out of their car boot with some mates laughing in the background.

Sounds like they’ll get the comeuppance though, if you’ve reported them.

I’d be tempted to go round and shit down their chimney.

Junkyard
    Free Member

yes indeed who else breaks the law on flytipping but them 🙄

Report obviously and well done you

martinhutch

Pah. I’m going around to chuck an innertube up so it hangs off their guttering. 🙂

PePPeR

They may have asked somebody to remove the waster for them, but it’s down to the person whose waste it is to ensure it is disposed of through a licensed waste carrier and that this sort of thing doesn’t happen.

Of course we don’t know the full story and it could be that the person whose waste this is has had it stolen from them or somesuch!

davidtaylforth
    Free Member

martinhutch – Member
    Pah. I’m going around to chuck an innertube up so it hangs off their guttering.

😀

annebr
    Free Member

Junkyard – lazarus
    yes indeed who else breaks the law on flytipping but them

Nurses apparently

martinhutch

I have an address for the lady in question. And a picture of her smiling mug.

Yep – it’s her responsibility to ensure her waste is disposed of legally.

edlong
    Free Member

Or any number of possibilities – the person who’s card it is just left a tenancy but left some rubbish behind, and what you see is the result of an unscrupulous landlord clearing out a flat, for instance.

D0NK

I got tyre bead wire (from a load of dumped/burned car tyres) wrapped around both wheels on my commute yesterday so feeling pretty hostile to flytipppers myself at the moment, bloody annoying.

and what you see is the result of an unscrupulous landlord clearing out a flat

in which case the (ex)card holder will be able to direct the authorities to the landlord – sorted.

yunki
    Free Member

Contents of a nicked purse in amongst the litter?
    Please don’t let nurse Gladys be responsible for this.

thegreatape
    Free Member

davidtaylforth is this you?

yunki
    Free Member

Taylforth only shits down his own chimney

davidtaylforth
    Free Member

thegreatape – Member
    davidtaylforth is this you?

It will be next time someone takes me seriously on an internet forum.

yunki
    Free Member

Those legs look very familiar though

thegreatape
    Free Member

Next time?

That implies that you’ve been taken seriously before!

cbmotorsport
    Free Member

Got a mate who’s a farmer, he had a load of building waste dumped in one of his field openings. He sifted through it and found some paperwork from an up market Travel Agent, so paid them a visit.
    Turns out they were making some interior changes in their office and had hired a skip for the waste. The skip company was not legit and had pocketed the money before dumping the waste in the field entrance. I’m pretty sure it’s a common occurence, and probably what happened here.

If the waste is within a certain distance from the road the council will collect it, free of charge. Said mate got his digger out and made sure it was close enough to the road for collection. 🙂

pictonroad

I’d be very tempted to bag it up and chuck it over her fence tbh…

project
    Free Member

Nurses arent getting a py rise this year so they have to make cutbacks somewhere.

Probably someone got to take the stuff away and just dumped it.

maccruiskeen

I’d say with domestic stuff like this its someone who’s acting as a waste disposal business and flytipping the stuff for profit. Nurse Gladys – if she’s gone to the trouble of loading the stuff into a car – can then take it to dump for free theres no credible reason to tip the stuff illegally when its easier to offload it legitimately. A third party acting as a skip hire or waste removal co would be paid by Gladys to take it, but they themselves have to pay something in the region of £120/ton to dispose of it legitimately and its obviously too tempting to keep that £120.

The bad news for Gladys is if someone flytips your waste both they and you are liable, it doesn’t matter that you thought them to be reputable your both in the shit. The flytippers themselves will have made sure they didn’t issue a receipt or anything they could be traced with though.

trout
    Free Member

This has probably come about because since june you now need a permit for the keighley waste transfer site so folks from out of the area dont take their waste there .
    you need to take your council tax bill in when you apply to prove you are a resident.

Losidan
    Free Member

Trout you beat me to it. All Tips under Bradford MBC you need to have a permit these days so no doubt there will be more and more of this.

I was riding a track once and at the end saw some “undesireables” dumping stuff out the back of a tipper. One knackered mtb’er versus three mentalists in a van i didnt fancy so just rode past.

Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)

The topic ‘Flytipping scum!’ is closed to new replies.