Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 78 total)
  • Flytipper (Surrey Hills) – anyone hit the new Gap Jump
  • freeridenick
    Free Member

Thats a big ol gap…. 😯

Nice building tatoo dave!

dorkingtrailpixie
    Free Member

Seen it done by tatoo dave but not tried it yet. Needs a lot of speed/pedaling/balls!
    The new smaller gap further back is great fun, into the little kicker and across the ‘old’ gap jump flows really nice though.

LoCo
    Free Member

Dave’s still at it? 😀

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    leggyblonde
    Free Member

*slow claps*

Good one. Now it’s been shouted about on a very popular public forum, tenner says it’ll be gone soon

JonEdwards
    Free Member

Sounds interesting…

Which one is flytipper? Might know it by a differnt name.

If anyone cares to enlighten me – jonATfisherproductionsDOTcoDOTuk rather than post it publicly.

Cheers!

Jon

freeridenick
    Free Member

tenner says 99% dont know where it is anyway.

yunki
    Free Member

tenner says 99.99% dont care where Surrey is anyway.

FTFY

woodsman
    Free Member

waaaay tooooo big for me! Madness, although one chap did do it – twice – just!!

I doubt I could find it again if I was insane enough to want to.. 🙂

Hob-Nob
    Free Member

Yep – it’s a strange one though, the hip before it really doesn’t work, because there isn’t much of a lip on the gap you need quite a lot of speed for it, the hip just sucks it up.

I ended up inside lining it to carry more speed.

There was another track where someone has dug some doubles into the side of the long off camber section (sorry I don’t know the names) – someone needs to have a look at them as they need a bit of work on the sizing/lips.

geetee1972
    Free Member

Yep the inside line will be the one I take. It’s big but it really is just a speed thing.

freeridenick
    Free Member

Yeah the hip looks like it would suck your speed up – although it works well for the lower gap.

I was on my hardtail when I saw it so have an excuse to step away!!

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

Leggyblond – why is everyone so anal about posting on “very popular, public forums” ? I agree with FRN, most people wont know where this trail is (very easy to miss IMHO) and SWT is not THAT popular. Hardly going to lead to queues of mtb-ers or trail destroyers surely?

When I read this very popular, public forum, it seems that 99% of mtb-ers never ventyure past BKB, Yog Pots, Tel Rd and Leith Hill anyway????

thepurist

And how many overweight Audi driving IT middle managers are going to have the skillz to even consider attempting what sounds like a fairly hefty gap. Nah, they’ll we’ll all just talk about it on t’interweb instead.

leggyblonde
    Free Member

I understand what you guys are saying about its not as if 100000 people will be uplifting flytippers over the weekend but it only takes one ranger/landowner to knock it down. It’s not as if Tattoo Dave’s creations are known for being allowed to stand. I don’t think a bit of discretion is that hard to give it a chance of being enjoyed for longer, especially given that the OP can’t even ride it…

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

Fair enough LB – perhaps the thread title could have avoided (location)? I only found this trail this summer and there seems only to be one YT clip anyway and that is not that obvious barring one slight give away. I still reckon that you/we are safe on this one.

Funnily enough I stumbled upon a new set on old-ish tracks yesterday not that far from the North Downs/Hogs Back (I hope that is vague enough!!) while walking dogs. I have walked past them hundreds of times and missed the jumps and ramps completely!!

freeridenick
    Free Member

LB – have you ridden it on a hardtail? i doubt it…

Dave has posted 2 clips on YT so he ain’t that bothered…
    Similar trails on Ranmore have been there years
    I hardly gave the location away!

heihei

Yep it’s big alright! Having looked at it on Monday and said “never in my lifetime” I haven’t stopped thinking about it since!!! Am liking the earlier kicker although it took me 3 attempts to judge the speed right as the uphill robs you of so much momentum. The hip is also good, but makes lining up for the lower gap more difficult than before.

neallyman
    Free Member

How big are we talking?

(sorry I’m just a nosey so and so reading the thread btw, up in Scotland so no chance of me going looking for it…).

MrWoppit
    Free Member

Is this in The Hurtwood?

mcboo
    Free Member

I love the Surrey Hills. Drove all the way there from N.London last weekend to ride on my own, a nice fast 40km loop taking in all the crowd pleasers. Almost bone dry, while Epping Forest is gloopy as hell. Might do the same Saturday if anyone fancies an early start from Westcott.

How lovely is Peaslake for a cuppa and a cheese-stick? And you get a proper mug for your tea! Heaven.

freeridenick
    Free Member

15ft gap (as measured by Simon from nirvana) – 12ft deep over a channel?

heiheie – I know what you mean! the sleepless nights pondering various jumps around the place!! 8)

njee20
    Free Member

Is this in The Hurtwood?

If it’s where I think, then no.

Might do the same Saturday if anyone fancies an early start from Westcott.

I may be up there, but coming from Peaslake, could potentially meet up and do some of the Winterfold stuff that’s less well known. I’ll not be doing any 15ft gap jumps though 🙂

robidoo
    Free Member

Youtube link?

DezB
    Free Member

This is what “flytipper gap” found

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RcH_APl-Yg8[/video]

😀

rewski
    Free Member

[video]http://www.youtube.com/user/davethebullet?blend=3&ob=5#p/a/u/1/VcOSx9LCA4A[/video]

winterfold I think

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

I think that it is “just” in the boundaries of The Hurtwood – again if its the trail I am thinking of, but it is very easy to miss.

aP
    Free Member

njee – might be interested in a not too fast, but not stopping much ride on Saturday. Tour of the Cornfields on Sunday… for a change of scenery.

neilforrow

DezB, I had a look and found that too. Those boys have got mad skillz. 😆

vinnyeh

can someone post a map reference to this please?

mcboo
    Free Member

njee….will holler next time I’m down and have some time to explore the Hurtwood, love to see some more trails than the ones I know. Bit short on time so prob up very early and a zip around the loop then home. Kids stuff.

Stopadoodledoo
    Free Member

vinnyeh – Member
    can someone post a map reference to this please?

Did you read the rest of the thread?

Hob-Nob
    Free Member

DezB – that was the original (now lower line).

The new jump is:

I’d say 15ft lip to lip too – it’s not very big, it’s just a jump you can’t come up short at all on.

njee20
    Free Member

njee – might be interested in a not too fast, but not stopping much ride on Saturday.

Not totally sure I’ll be up there, but I’m up for that.

freeridenick
    Free Member

The lower one is 13ft – but the new line just looks very intimidating and as hob nob says coming up short isn’t an option!

neallyman
    Free Member

Nice gap, good work.

Sorry i know this is terrible thread etiquette but here is the biggest gap at our locals. Smidgen over 30ft but some have cleared 40ft easily by landing 1/2 way down the lander.

philconsequence
    Free Member

😯

vinnyeh

Did you read the rest of the thread?

mm, why? I can’t see the location explained anywhere else in it.

freeridenick
    Free Member

Holy Moly 😯

Hob-Nob
    Free Member

Also regarding this trail, down the end as it drops into the bowl, on the extreme left hand side someone has cleared a drop between the trees, which I can only assume is a joke?

If you hit it at anything more than walking pace you will end up flat landing in the road!

The gap, fine – that drop? No thanks. 20ft hucks to flat should have stayed in the early 2000’s.

Stopadoodledoo
    Free Member

vinnyeh – Member
    mm, why? I can’t see the location explained anywhere else in it.

Exactly.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 78 total)

The topic ‘Flytipper (Surrey Hills) – anyone hit the new Gap Jump’ is closed to new replies.